Sinister: Drunk on the streets of Chicago

Jennifer Phillips-Bacher mrsaudiac at xxx.com
Sun Jan 13 06:37:17 GMT 2002

Mes fleurs!

I greet you!  It's been ages since I last posted, perhaps even last
millennium.  Hello to all the new kids, hello to the old.  This post, as my
posts have typically been in the past, is double-fold (and don't even get me
started on that Nicholson Baker book of that title).  In the lingo of the
Modern Work-place, I like to "multitask".  In fact, right now, not only am I
typing away at my keyboard, I am also washing up and doing elaborate
beadwork on a bodice.

Bodice!

As very few of you know, I was in Olde London Towne between Christmas and
New Year's.  It was a great pleasure to bowl amongst the Great Enzymes on
Lane 4 during the Great Sinister Bowlathon.  I was pleasantly surprised by
the finesse with which my teammates lobbed the ball.  My meager 87 point
game only slightly contributed to the lead earned by Ken, Ben, and Sarah
Garrett Sonner (and two boys I didn't officially meet...bah!), and it was a
great honor to play with such luminaries.  My hostess during the holiday was
the aforementioned SGS, whose company I have cherished in Chicago in the
past.  We sampled many carrot cakes of the UK, especially in museum cafes,
with the British Library ranking tops.  Or perhaps it was just the
atmosphere?  In my case, anything tastes good sitting in the company of rare
books.  Thus concludes my first task:  to give mad props to those of you I
met, and to those of you I did not, I extend my regrets.

Parte secondo:
I will be in Seattle from Feb.9-14 for some work training hoo-ha, and if
anyone would care to meet me for coffee or drinks, please let me know!  My
nights are free, and I'm always eager to meet Sinisterians in distant
locales.  Maybe we could even bowl?  Wasn't there a song about that,
something like "Take the Sinisterians Bowling"?

It's good to be back in your loving arms, o Sinister.  It's been too long.

as always,
Jenn P-B

encoded message:  SGSYOUARETHEBEST!
and also a pleasant hello to Ms. Edna Welthorpe.  I think I owe you a drink.