Sinister: A public apology

Rebecca Wright rwr at xxx.uk
Mon Jan 14 15:45:09 GMT 2002

Oh dear this appears to have back fired on me a little, I'll be more
careful not to cause upset so easily in future. I admit I am surprised
by how seriously offended some of the folk are, is this really how you
see the feminist mind as working?
To clarify lions, like most members of the Animalia kingdom, lack the
pre-frontal lobes of their human counterparts and are subsequently
devoid of the area of the brain responsible for the consciousness of
'self'. Thus to impose notions of good & evil on lions of either sex
is both wrong & silly and I am heartily ashamed.

Blondes are prudent
Essex girls are chaste
Craig David fans have legitimate taste
and yes it is my time of the month!!

To change the subject I just watched 'Withnail and I', I'd taken the
title for its phoenetic(*) face-value and it took me a while to adapt
but I'm now going around shouting 'SCRUBBERS!!' to anyone who'd care
not to be insulted.
Jules Markham was Marwood the name of the other guy?

(*) Cheers to Will for remembering the word for me.
Someone should invent a backwards dictionary so instead of finding a
word & learning its meaning you give a vague kind of description as I
did "what is long word which means to be spelt as it sounds,  think it
starts with p?" & boom! well boom second time 'cause the first answer
was onomatopaeic.

Not much else going on in my life at present. My jasmine plant has
been bamboozled by global warming into thinking it's mid-May and has
started making flowers. Only two have opened so far and there's
already a heady perfume in the air, eight more are on the way and in a
couple of days my room'll only be accessible with a gas mask thanks to
nature's equivalent to mustard gas. Either it's gonna go outside
which'll probably kill it what with it being Winter 'n' all or
there'll be some brutal fleur decapitations at 3 in the morning when I
can take no more.