Sinister: rock action

Rachel Playforth R.Playforth at xxx.uk
Mon Jan 14 16:22:40 GMT 2002

more wisdom about Careless Talk.../Everett True from the dirty vicar -
very accurate appraisal.  i think i'll stay loyal (as far as my loyalty
to any music magazine goes) to Uncut, flaws and all.  (though i suspect
that some of the really good writers from melody maker didn't even end
up there, but retired gracefully when they realised that slagging things
off for a living made them depressed.)

ian wrote: "archel said something interesting but i can't remember what
it was."
i can't remember either.  he then wrote "DILDOS!"  but i don't think
there was a connection.

rachel fruitloop tickled my vanity and spoke wisdom when she said i
would show you a good time in brighton.  (she also made me swoon and
sigh at a great sinister romance.  though i am ever more glad that my
beloved lives in the same country, town, and now house as me...)

half of another great sinister romance also tickled my vanity re. my
website, even praising something i'd written myself. so he's welcome in
brighton anytime :)

speaking of which, james danson hatcher suggested 31st february for the
meetup.  when i worked out what that meant i was quite offended - just
what is wrong with brighton that we can only meet there on a
non-existent date?  although in a way it would be cool to commandeer the
town for sinisterines in a bizarre lapse of space-time and rampage
through the amusement arcades in our flares and cardies...

though brighton can be quite bizarre anyway.  as our flat is on the top
floor of our building we have a birds-eye view of the street below, and
the things which go on down there would fill a novel (or a post from
kirsten at least).  there's the old man who keeps a stash of coats and
furniture behind some boards on the new building site - sadly busted a
few days ago.  there were the two teenage girls on the porch steps
across the road, drinking cider and self-consciously playing hissy speed
folk (at least that's the only way i can describe it) at top volume from
their ghetto blaster.  the bmx stunt guy risking life and limb by the
parking bay at all hours of the day and night, and the skate kids
teaching younger skate kids kerb tricks with surprising care and
patience.  the woman screaming into a mobile phone, the man asleep on
the pavement next to her car.  i love it all.

this is for rebecca: someone *has* invented a backwards dictionary for
you - it's called 'descriptionary' and it's by a guy called marc
mccutcheon.  2nd edition out now, rrp £15.99.

luv archel xxx

Visit www.buzzwords.org.uk for the best new writing on the web.
Email submissions to buzzwords at bigfoot.com
<nb: site undergoing maintenance>