Sinister: "thats where the doctor told me the thermometer goes....."

caleb ben moore opaline_moon at xxx.com
Tue Jan 15 18:18:46 GMT 2002

hey sinisters

yes i know its been awhile, and you've all
suffered in my absence. but you'll be pleased as
peas to know that i've suffered greatly in my
absence as well.

i was ill. strep throat.

dear lord, it was so so completely awful.  i had
a fever of almost 105F, and my throat was so
swollen and stinging that i could barely swallow
anything and when i did it felt like i was being
stabbed with knives in my throat. so i didnt
drink anything for a day and half.  the doctor
looked at me and told me that if i didnt choke
down a few liters of fluid i'd have to be
hospitalized for dehydration.  my whole body felt
like a broken heart, all trembling and achey.  i
couldnt move cause it hurt, i couldnt hold still
cause it hurt.  so anyway, now, a week later,
after alot of antibiotics and trashy daytime TV
and long hot hot baths, i'm feeling as good as
new.
  so the moral of that lesson is to go to the
doctor at the first signs of strep and not when
your throat glands are so swollen that you can
barely talk.  AND!  dont attempt to mix vicks
chloraseptic and soda, even in tiny amounts.  it
tastes right nasty.
    other than that things have been peachy.
i DID send off the Rachels mixtape last week to
AMY LONGCORE of Michigan.  i hope she got it.
its shaping up to be a good tape indeed. i
sincerely apologize for my idleness in making my
contribution to it, but i'm confident that young
Mr. Chu will find my selections goodly.

recent music purchases: papas fritas,goldfrapp,
volumes two and three of "beat at
cinecitta"(italian film music from the
60's-70's), the "waking life" soundtrack, the new
Lambchop rarities disc, and some others i cant
recall at the moment.

films: Focus, Shadow of the Vampire(i loved this
film), The Road Home, Pollock, and others.  i
rented alot while i was sick.

i was listening to the radio the other day and
they played a song that i liked, but i didnt
catch the name of the band.  the dj said that it
was a band made up of members of belle and
sebastian and the delgados and mogwai some other
bands........do any of you know who this band
might be?  i dont know if its older or what.
   so.......yeah.  thats it.
           ----caleb ben

=====
"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a
harder battle." ~Plato

"Love does not consist of gazing at each other,
but in looking together in the same direction."
                       -Antoine de Saint-Exupery