Sinister: I love your love action

robin stout stoutrobin at xxx.com
Tue Jan 15 13:46:07 GMT 2002

Hello.

I often think I can't join in much with musical debates because I don't know
much, but today I’ll have a go.

Musical taste's a funny thing isn't it? I don't often get into discussions
about whether one song's better than another or one band better than another
because it's not a terribly scientific thing. You like something or you
don't. You can explain why you like something, but unless someone else feels
what it makes you feel they're not going to get it. Well, Joe's made me
realise that "toss" wasn’t a hugely helpful way to describe Legal Man, so I
think I should say some more.

I think most people on this list have had their "Oh dear, they've really
lost it this time" moment with one record or another. Idleberry thought it
about the latest single, others have said it before, especially with Fold
Your Hands... A lot have left this list because of it. Well my moment was
Legal Man. I tried to like it at first, but it just wasn't going to happen.
I'm not saying it's a dreadful song, but it's the fact that they released it
as their first single and played it on Top of the Pops and it's now the only
B+S song you're likely to hear in indie clubs that I don't like. Those
things should have happened to another song. It's become like Common People
is to Pulp, I suppose, but Common People's a great song too. I like the last
two singles a lot more, though. I think they're a different band these days,
but they're still pretty groovy.

                  P U
On the subject of L P I think I must be missing something. I've spoken to a
few people who think the album's great. So I'll keep listening to it and see
if it hits me. At the moment I just don't think it's so charming as their
other stuff.

The list smut-o-meter’s almost bursting with sauce at the moment. Maybe it’s
because of all these long nights we’re having.

Richard “broke his berry” on New Years Eve

>I'd applied a bit too much pressure, and one of his eyeballs made a squishy
>noise and, well, >popped out...

Cripes!

Casarotto (the smut-o-meter creaks and whimpers at the sound of that name)
saw "a pair of blue tits outside my window..." Lucky you, Mark, but you know
it’s her own fault, she really should have been wearing a vest at this time
of year...

CHU said

>Does he have twin exhaust pipes (with a hole drilled in for extra >noise)
>and big fuckoff spoilers and air vents on the bonnet cover and >a
>"go-faster" strip and under chassis neon lighting and a big KENWOOD
> >sticker at the back window?

No, but he has a big Kenwood Chef on the back seat in case he fancies some
mashed potato.

Er, I think I’ll just go away now.

By the way, Belle and Sebastian have a new album out soon. I’m quite excited
about this, aren’t you?

X R