Sinister: there's an angel treading on my dreams...

Ernie Sanchez mozkid at xxx.com
Thu Jan 17 04:29:49 GMT 2002

Hello everyone!

It’s been a while since I posted.  Not that anyone remembers me, I only
posted twice and my emails weren’t memorable. However, although the rest of
my life around doesn’t seem to be going along so well (the paranoia because
of a threat of layoffs at work *hopefully layoff doesn’t have a different
meaning to any non-Americans, it sounds like something Archel would be into,
if the smutty accusations are true*, a cancelled trip to San Francisco to
see Sleater-Kinney play with Aislers Set which was truly heartbreaking, and
my credit card number being stolen online and used for pornographic websites
on the internet), I thought I should do something positive and write to
Sinister.

First, I would like to announce my divorce from the Wills team, due to
“irreconcilable differences” (in true divorce style, well, at least in
America).  I will no longer be involved in the mix tape challenge.  It was
great to be a Will, hope this doesn’t cause panic within the Wills United
structure (it the Wills even exist).  Of course we can “still be friends.”
Just the lack of “activity” and the fact that I’m cheating on the Wills team
already by preparing solo mixes for other people has forced me to reconsider
my relationship with the Wills.  A sad departure, although I think that I’ll
keep the Cloves surname for now.

I saw a strange thing the other day.  My local library has various posters
throughout the building, of celebrities holding a book and pretending to be
reading.  They have lame slogans such as "get caught reading" in order to
encourage people to read.  I doubt that seeing a photograph of Rosie
O'Donnell holding a book would encourage me to read, but strangely one of
the posters in the series is of Michael Bolton.  Not that I was inspired,
but after seeing this poster, I read "Pride and Prejudice" the next day.

In other news, glad to know that Rachel Fruitloop and Ben Apps had such a
wonderful time together!  Being one of the few listees who has met Rachel in
person, she was so nice and I’m looking forward to hearing more about them.

***Southern California listees***
With Storytelling coming out in LA next Friday, we should have another
meetup soon!  I’ll bring along some B&S videotapes if we stay in the film
watching mood.
***

Ok, this post has just been full of random thoughts, but I will post again
on Sinister soon, to give a list of songs that B&S haven’t performed live.
Would anybody be interested in such a list?  Of course, it may not be
completely accurate, but perhaps we can begin a campaign to see “Beyond the
Sunset” performed live... or maybe not.

Alright, I should go now.  To anybody that has read this far,
congratulations, and I’m sorry for my lack of writing skill. Perhaps with
more reading, I will aspire to be list crush-worthy.

Cheers,
Ernie Cloves