Sinister: The Impending Spider of Wonder and Grateness

JENOWL22 at xxx.com JENOWL22 at xxx.com
Wed Jan 16 19:59:04 GMT 2002

Hewwo,

Guess what?

You'll never believe it. It's the best thing in the whole world bar nothing.

Guess what my mum says I can have...?

A spider (!). How grate is that? I love spiders. I've loved them since I was
six and I had a little garden spider in a jar and its name was Lucky the
Magic Spider and it did tricks and it crawled up one of my sleeves and out
the other. It lived in a jamjar with its friend which was a worm called
violet (because I call everything Violet. It's my favourite name to call
things). But then one day he vanished. My brother says the worm ate him but I
know what really happened. See Lucky decided he didn't like flatsharing
because Violet drank all the milk in the fridge and never hoovered, so he
used his magic powers to turn himself invisible and he let himself out the
backdoor with one of those bundles on a stick that had two cheese sandwiches
and a bottle of ribena (spider size) and he went off to have adventures in my
back garden where he continues to live a long happy life, possibly with
another girl spider.

My mum says why do I want a spider, shouldn't I get a little furry thing like
a hamster. But there are enough people in the world to look after hamsters.
More people need to buy pets that not everyone likes. In fact, people should
always buy stuff thats old or worn or a bit lopsided or not as pretty as
other things, to love it and give it a home. If you only buy things that are
nice is like going out with a posse girl. She's nice and all, to look at and
stuff, and the more you pay for her the nicer she'll be to you, but she's
never going to love you like someone who's scruffy. Or something. I don't
know.

Johnjohn's post was nice. It reminded me of the time I found a baby bird that
was injured and it hopped off the bush it was on and into my hand and it
pecked at my gummi bears then died. It couldn't have been more like an
episode of that really old program and the theme tune was about a tree that
got struck by lightning. It went like "down in the meadow where the wind
grows free in the middle of a field stands the lightning tree, it's limbs all
torn from the day it was born for the tree was born in a thunder storm" and
there was a farm in it.

I liked the lightning tree because it was cool. It never gave up no matter
what. Even though it got hit by lightning the second it came into the world
it never thought "I'll just curl up and be bitter." or "I'll just die". It
wanted to grow and stretch out, even though it grew up and people thought it
was odd and ugly and different it never stopped thinking the world was
magical and special and that there was a place for it somewhere.

I've got a friend who moans about his life all the time. He's always
complaining about being fat, or loud or too soft with women or how some girl
doesn't fancy him. But he never does anything to change himself even though
he's not happy. He just comes in and sits down and mopes and wallows like a
big depressed hippopotamus and he goes on the internet all the time instead
of going out and seeing the world with all the trees and the flowers and the
electrical pylons that look like space age castles for chess people and it
mokes me off.

In my next life I'm planning on being a tapdancer. It's probably a handy
skill. I wanted to be a cheerleader but when I was the right age for it I was
too obese and now I'm just too old. I don't feel old though. And I don't have
any wrinkles yet even though I made it to a whole 16 years.

But I do have some cool scars. Wanna see?

Hugs,
Jen