Sinister: Forever late

Grainne Lynch g.lynch at xxx.com
Wed Jan 16 18:16:17 GMT 2002

Writing to Sinister changes slightly when you have actually meet people from the list. You realise, properly realise that the list is made up of real people, and not just faceless names. Though faceless names is too cold-hearted an expression. You are each a collection of words and images that capture feelings and emotions. It's impossible to describe this list.

My one year anniversary with Sinister passed sometime in the beginning of December, and I just want to thank you all, because it's was a great first year. Even though I could probably count the number of posts I've sent on one hand, I love having a mail-box full of stories every morning. I went to see the band twice, which won't have happened without Sinister, and I've meet people who I otherwise wouldn't have met.

(This is another post about the Belfast gig, which was about four weeks ago, hence the subject line.)

Greetings to I meet in Belfast, I'm afraid to mention names because I'm terrified of forgetting someone, but you were all lovely. And thank you Mark for organising the bus.

I like Trish's description of our journey, with our B&S hating bus driver. I don't thin we had even left Dublin before he expressed his distaste.

The gig was fantastic, incredible, wonderful. The Boys are Back in Town was hilarious, due to the antics of Chris and Mick. I went home with a pretty mug, four badges, a load of photos and blissful memories. When the next one?

Moving forward, my three favourite subject lines of the last week or so have been;
1. Astrid's 'star, teach me how to shine', which was courtesy of her corduroy boy, it's one of my favourite Frames songs. It was the last one they played at Belfast.
2. The Dirty Vicar's 'warlords of mars' because I think it refers to another great Irish band - The Warlords of Pez. I could be wrong though.
And
3. 'The long dark tea time of the soul' from Ian, because it made me want to read Douglas Adams again.

Hasn't Sinister been quiet today!
Grainne.