Sinister: any listees in London going to Beta Band, Lo-fis or Bill Janowitz?:)

Kin Woo daftpunk at xxx.au
Wed Jan 16 18:14:15 GMT 2002

Hey kids
hope everyone had FAB new years. Mine was good but still holding out for the
perfect one, whenever that may be. I went to Edinburgh, planning to do the
MASSIVE street parties, only to find out there were no more passes and my fave
band, Mull Historical Society who were playing at Concert in the Gardens was
also sold out. Hence was shut out of street parties:( Still had alright time,
drinking with friends (who all decked out in ballgowns) and then watching the
fireworks. ah well, mebbe next time:)
I'm one of the few listees from Perth, Western Australia and have been having
really great time here in London. Weather is quite mild (but was in Prague for
a bit of december where it was minus 10, hence everything seems mild after
that:) and have been having excellent time shopping for clothes and records
(mmmm Music and Vid Exchange!:)) Also caught Neil Halstead at Arts Cafe which
is similar to gig venues in Perth, except way better. Neil was great, even if
he kept fluffing his songs (including the lovely Mojave 3 song he did)-
exquisite country laments. Swoon!
Was wondering if any Sinisterinies was going to Beta Band this coming Tues
(22nd jan) or Lo-Fi allstars (31st jan) or Bill Janowitz (28 jan)???  Cos while
I don't mind checking out the gigs myself (I don't know many peeps here and
hence gig-going can be a lonely experience!:)), it would be ace to finally meet
some of the fabled members of the London branch of the Sinisterinies!:) It
would be truly excellent and cool to meet some Sinisterinies at the gigs or
slightly beforehand, if peeps wouldn't mind meeting Aussie listees. We're
really not that wierd and I'm quite personable!:)
Also, does anyone know of any sooper cool gigs coming up? I'm thinking Dot
Allison, Saint Etienne, Tanya Donelly-people I'm dying to see live!!! Of course
B&S would be a dream come true, but don't think that's gonna happen anytime
soon:( I missed their Glasgow gig cos was touring around Europe:( Ah well.
Anyone have any idea when they play next?
Alright hope everyone is sticking to their new year's resolutions (as if!) and
hope to hear from some of you soon. Please reply to me either at this address
or kin_woo at hotmail.com
Hope to hear from you soon
Kin Woo