Sinister: Barmy

Matthew Henderson lokar20 at xxx.com
Thu Jan 17 08:07:06 GMT 2002

Hello everyone.

I haven't posted in a while, so I thought I'd pop my head in and say
'hello'.  So...hello.

A busker I met in London a few weeks ago emailed me the other day.  She said
I was the most unashamed Belle and Sebastian fan she had ever met.  Who
would be ashamed of being a Belle and Sebastian fan?  Surely they aren't
filed in the 'guilty pleasures' section along with the Cars "Drive" or
Loverboy's "The Girl is Hot Tonight", are they?

A conflicting report came from my co-worker, who saw my room last night.  He
said I act pretty nonchalant about them, but I have posters of them all over
my room, so I must be obsessed.  Am I subconsciously ashamed of liking them?
  Is anyone afraid to tell people they are Belle and Sebastian fans?

I ordered a Belle and Sebastian coffee mug for use in a new coffee shop I
sort of work in.  I hope Mrs. House or the rest of the Banchory crew don't
mind.  Even if they do, I'm using it anyway.

Okay, I'm tired.  One last note:  In the recent belfast gig pictures, you
can see me in several shots!  In one shot, you can see me holding a
cigarette somewhere in the very front around Mick and Stevie.  Look for me!
The back of my head looks terrific if I do say so myself.

-Matt
<instead of a quote, just think of the riff from the Fall's "Barmy">