Sinister: how are you, marvin?

baker,baker bakerbaker13 at xxx.com
Sun Jan 20 07:51:44 GMT 2002

"oh, just fine,
if you happen to like being me which, personally i don't."

great big hello to everyone out there.  this is my first post,
please be gentle.  i did my nursery time and also a little
extra, self-imposed nursery time because generally i agree with
whoever else it was that said something about life being a
spectator sport.

i really enjoy watching people, and you're all 'specially pretty
ones at that.

i'm a poetry student in the windy city -- home of poetry
magazine, the lincoln park conservatory, and more polish people
than any other city in the world, with the minor exception of
warsaw (which is unfair since warsaw has the head start of
actualy being IN poland).  i read and write poems, but prefer
reading.  this is an invitation, incidentally, for you all to
try out your latest verse on me.  (i'm honest, but i'm also very
nice.)

i'm not polish myself, though i spent three months in poland
this last summer, right before i braved a ridiculous-long bus
ride to london so that i could ride a train out to scarborough
to see the belle and sebastian show at the futurist theatre.  if
anyone on this list was there, i was the american boy by himself
up in the balcony who was trying not to speak after some girl
from california embarassed herself and the people next to him
began making nasty commments about americans, for fear of having
his accent recognized.  teehee.  that was the only time i've
ever seen b&s, and i was thousands of miles away from anyone i
know -- i've never been so alone or so happy in all my life.

i think charles simic is the greatest.

i like kraft macaroni and cheese and the clearance rack at the
gap.  i dress so that i am invisible in crowds of people.

i have only fainted once in my life.

i used to live in new orleans -- and this brings me to something
substantial:  is anyone in the list going to be in new orleans
for mardi gras?  i have friends who are going and would love to
see my old home again.  however i don't know if they are the
sort of friends i want to be in the middle of mardi gras with
all by my lonesome; i am certainly a troublemaker, but i am not
THAT kind of troublemaker.

i shan't ramble on any farther.  good nite for everyone.

baker,baker