Sinister: Using someone else's vague mention of something to plug your own thing...

Stephen Hewitt shewitt at xxx.uk
Mon Jan 21 14:16:01 GMT 2002

...if that makes any sense at all.

ANYWAY ben said:

Oh
> and if anyone
> fancies making it into a five day sinister marathon, there's
> Track and Field
> on the Friday night and a gig in Oxford the following Tuesday
> that really
> shouldn't be missed featuring our own Cola Cube Cay. (plug please?)

IN FACT if anyone fancies coming to oxford on the SUNDAY 10 FEBRUARY
(and i have it on good authority that ms cube herself will be there) you
can come to MY fantastic evening of indie/pop sillyness, CLUB SUSSED at
the very same venue (the cellar) that Cay's band are playing at (i'll
leave the rest of her details to her, but i'm pretty sure their gig is
the MONDAY, not tuesday).  It's only 2squid to get in, it's from 8 til
12.30 (YAY, late licence) and, erm, we play loads of belle and sebastian
and stuff (mainly stuff, admittedly, but quite a bit of b&s too).

I am also considering having the monday off so i could give guided tours
("this is a pub, this is a very old building, this is another pub, this
is a member of radiohead, this is a pub, this is chelsea clinton, etc
etc") to any visitors.

saw this in today's grauniad:

http://jobs.guardian.co.uk/officehours/story/0,9897,636564,00.html

thought mr cassarotto might like it (no mention of doing all the
housework or w*nking lots in it though ;))

xoxo
CarsmileSteve