Sinister: Lloyd Cole & Letterbombs

Tom Pettinger tompettinger at xxx.uk
Mon Jan 21 19:55:15 GMT 2002

Hello, chums. (haha, that is such a cringe-worthy word if ever there was
one, but I'm saying it because I just recently saw "If....", so "shag off,
you scum!")(It's a brilliant film, by the way.)

Quite a lot of things in Joe's post amused me, I suppose because we are a
similar age. (Coincidence, or merely chance?) These are them...

Trying to get siblings to listen to G!R!A!T!E music to no avail. My
lil'sister likes pop but not the good stuff, my lil'brother likes rap...I
have never heard any good rap...
This spread in my mind to the usual
trying-to-get-hapless-others-into-the-music-that-mentally-balances-me, which
is always infuriating. I'm on a coach, passing round huge headphones that
spew a wonderful mixture of music, and people smile politely and say, "hmm,
it's ok I suppose" and then go back to their processed and cheaply packaged
shit-on-a-disc. Even if you hate it, for crying out loud don't just say,
"it's alright..."

Another siblings related thing, but this time a contrast: Joe said:"She also
gets huge amounts of Kudos (it would seem) at school from having a teenage
brother".

I am a constant source of embarrassment to my bro and sis, because for some
unknown reason bowling shoes and corduroy are not cool in their circle of
friends. Neither is my tank top. Also, I hang around with two be-afro-ed
people who also have younger siblings and who are greeted in the street
with, "Is that a wig?!", "Get a haircut!" or just "Sheeeeeeeeep!" by even
the youngest of children. And besides shouting back that they will cut out
the heart of the perpetrator and feed it to a goat, there's not a lot they
can do.

Next subject...
Valentines day. *raspberry noise*.
I don't mind it, really, except that I was ditched the day before it a
couple of years ago. (What an incredible bugger.) Although I'm sure I didn't
appreciate it at the time, it was quite nice of her really. Saving me the
expense of buying something only to be dumped after it's receipt. Or at
least saving me the embarrassment of having to ask for it back.

I will still be sending my usual card and twelve red roses to Buffy the
Vampire Slayer's house (you know, the one in Sunnydale.) And I expect I will
not be receiving anything from her in return, as she is far too busy slaying
demons and the like.

As far as I can see, this is the only reason why I haven't received anything
from her these past five years.

Heartless bitch.Some girls really know how to crush you, don't they?

"Ladies and gentleman, I give you Burt Bacharach."

Tom
XXXXX
P.S. Props: Simply to the filthy Reverend, for "Slard".

P.P.S.Question: Someone mentioned Lloyd Cole a bit ago, but I can't remember
if it was cushioned in praise or on the end of a string of obscenities, but
I'd like to know what he's like 'cos Oxfam have loads of his records in at
the moment, so some help on that one, please!

P.P.P.S: If anyone knows for sure they will not be receiving anything on
Valentines day, give me your address and I'll send you a letter bomb. Then
I'll come round on the 14th and we can open it together. ;-)