Sinister: Flapdoodle

Rebecca Wright rwr at xxx.uk
Tue Jan 22 17:19:39 GMT 2002

I promised myself I'd be in a happy jolly mood before speaking to all
you lovely people.

First off an appeal to all London commuter-sinisterees. Could any of
you keep an eye out for some posters around the Bakerloo line I think,
advertising a Paul Klee exhibition as I was a little the worse for
vodka at the time and can't remember dates, places or generally how to
get there. I could look it up on the net only Anita's giving me evils
so I must give out the semblance of working.

Someone came up to me the other day and asked me if I was French,
best compliment I've ever had. Meant to reply with a gentle gibing
confidence,
the-fact-that-you-see-me-so-fashionable-and-elegant-hasn't-corrupted-my-innocent-nature
type expression like the Parisian girl out of 'Breathless' but instead
I just blushed and grinned inanely all the way down the street.
No wait she was American wasn't she?!

I introduced my sister to oil paints, she loves the smells and can't
decide which is better, turpentine or white spirit. If we're on the
subject about introducing younger siblings to music then I was half
way there before she got stuck. She'll listen to stuff she knows but
is never open to anything new, Tigermilk's the only album permitted.
Yesterday sis did let me play her a bit of the Moldy Peaches but only
'cause I'd sparked her curiosity by singing 'Little Bunny Foo Foo' at
the table.

Ugh, last week saw the return of the awol ex. No, not an ex 'cause we
parted as lovers but when neither one speaks to or sees the other for
3 months I guess the relationship is certifiably dead.
Still he felt at ease enough to rest his head at my feet with nine of
us piled on a bed watching footage of their Arizona sky-diving trip.
But why travel half-way across the world to jump out of the same
sky?
Shut up Becs!
Strange thing that I didn't mind, just remained all still and placid
because I was actually worried about disturbing him.

Thank you Katarina Karlsson, I finally got to see the sillustration
and it's now pinned proudly next to my Chagall piccy. I'd send you
some lemon sherbets as a sign of my delight if I had your address or
if I can get some decent ones, the only type I've managed to find are
super market's own brand where the expected sherbet blast in the
middle is more a kind of fizzle, is that it? event.

Oohhh, and I should also show my pride at being acknowledged by Dirty
Vicar, akin to the Disney scene where the revered stag pauses for a
second in front of Bambi before moving on....hmmm, poss' bad analogy.

No B&S content. I know, I listened to 'Family Tree' on the bus and
was mortified to hear Isobel complaining about being made to learn
"Chemistry, Biology and Maths", listing my A-levels with a sweet
little sneer.

Ho-hum best be off now.
Becky