Sinister: "Limbs stripped bare by the lightning flare / The lighting flare was a wild affair..."

Robert Brennan rob_brennan at xxx.uk
Tue Jan 22 21:19:52 GMT 2002

Hello

Jenowl and Chris Pez have both mentioned the show with
the ace theme music about the Lightning Tree.  A brief
check on the inestimable http://tv.cream.org confirms
my suspicions that they were talking about FOLLYFOOT.
It also reminded me that the programme featured the
(almost certainly) late grate ARTHUR ENGLISH who, as
well as having a top name, also played the
curmudgeonly caretaker on Are You Being Served.

They've got the theme music as well!  It's
fan-bluddy-tastic and goes on for ages.
http://tv.cream.org/themes/Follyfoot.mp3

Mark C, you seem to have become a dab hand at the
housework and are in need of a job.  Fancy doing my
ironing?

The Belfast gig on R1 was ace by the way despite being
bracketed by Lurpack and his seemingly bottomless
bucket of Nu-Metal/Nu-'Punk' bollocks.  I thought
everyone was playing a cruel trick on me by saying
they played The Boys Are Back In Town.  But now I've
heard it with my own ears I was totally bowlied over.
RAWK!

Oh yeah..  as is the fashion these days:
http://friendtest.com/viewquiz.php?account=robster

Speaking of fashion:  Maddie and Hannah mentioned
mods.  I wanted to be a mod some years ago in the
hal-see-on days of 1994/95.  Unfortunately I was
cursed with the mod's worst enemy: WAVY HAIR.  Oh yes
- You might have yer anorak and yer three button suit
and yer clarks shoes but it means nowt when you have
to spend 2 hours gelling/spraying your hair into a
perfect bowl only to see it spring back into a
bouffant when walking under a lightbulb.

I gave up on being a mod after I realised I was too
fat to get into any second hand single-breasted suit
jackets anyway.  Was everyone thinner in the late 60s?

I've jabbered on enough now.

Robster
http://robster75.tripod.com