Sinister: Satan and chris Isaak. Not in the same paragraph.

Corduroy Boy tompettinger at xxx.uk
Thu Jan 24 14:42:14 GMT 2002

Hello all,

Thankyou, to the record number of people who e-mailed me to inform me that
the song I was searching for was Chris Isaak. (i.e. thankyou, Dylan). I was
mildly annoyed to find that what seemed like a Nick Cave/Gordon Lightfoot
song was by Chris Isaak, who, from the small amount of research I have done
seems to be a crooner and heart throb, in other words, uninspiring. (I could
be wrong though, so please don't snap at me if you happen to run the Chris
Isaak fanclub.)

Also, thankyou for the people who chided me on my dismissal of rap music, it
was perhaps a little misleading from my real opinion. Although there is a
lot of bad rap music about, I have more respect for hip-hop than I do any
other music other than alternative-type, as many artists are progressing,
coming up with original stuff and are into the music, culture and
breakdancing etc other than just being up themselves.
Also, I love it when people can actually use the decks in a skilful way,
unlike the halfwits in my school who spend huge amounts on technics decks
seemingly just to listen to the records on them. I have hip hop playing
friends who have shown me that using the decks properly is no easy task.
They also have friendly and humble attitudes, which again makes their music
more enjoyable.
Basically, what I don't like in music is processed crap simply for making
money, and because the companies know that kids and rude boys will buy stuff
to shock their parents there is a lot of rap that follows that fomula. But
then again, that's probably just on the surface. I mean, when non-indie kids
think of indie music, they don't immediately think of B&S, Tompaulin and the
like...

One other small inequality I would like to make known is that when I said "I
am a constant source of embarrassment" and made other comments as to being
ribbed about  my choice of clothes, this did *not* mean I tremble and run
away etc. I wear my tanktop with pride, and am anything other than feeble!

Right, tanktops, I have just given you a helping hand in my test. They are
good fun, but quite difficult, so mine is not quite so hard I don't think.
But it's not a gift, by any means. Of course, those tacticians (?) out there
will have realised that the thing to do to impress someone would be to enter
with a false name, get the answers then enter as yerself. But where's the
fun in that? Don't worry, it is easily visible from my miserable scores that
this is not what I have been doing.

www.friendtest.com/viewquiz.php?account=CorduroyBoy is the place. Ken says
satan has tried his hand at his test. And we know that Saint Peter frequents
our list so if they both tried, do you think it would prove where I'm going?
Hehehe...

Lloyd Cole: I took Mario's advice and bought rattlesnakes. I think there's
something odd afoot, it was supposedly an edition limited to 500 (mine's no.
344) but I got it for £6, so maybe it's not or maybe no one else likes him!

About the black and white bits in "If....". I heard about *a* film that they
simply ran out of colour film and couldn't afford any more, but it might be
a different one. Scum, ha ha! I agree, Mr. Pancake, to say that they were
letting rip with machine guns etc few people seemed to be dropping. Maybe
they'd messed up and picked up those blanks by mistake, and the people that
did die were just tripping over and landing where someone had spilt tomato
ketchup. Perhaps.

Right, I'm off to try Mark's test and possibly ask for an online insurance
quote, in no certain order.

Tom
XXX

P.S. Andrew, your tape should have arrived this morning.
P.P.S. To the people who have voiced their coveting of a Belfast gig tape,
I'm open to swap for a tape of the black sessions. (And/or any other
sessions/unreleased material other than the Belfast gig, Bowlie or the Peel
sessions, should such material exist...)

P.P.S: Myself and another band member were discussing album names. We came
up with "the eponymously named album", as it would screw up any clever
reviews!
"I've just heard the first album from *******, the eponymously named album.
No, it's not called ******, it's the eponymously named album, oh...hang
on...no...aw, shit...."