Sinister: moving to the beat of the music in my head

Grainne Lynch g.lynch at xxx.com
Thu Jan 24 18:45:40 GMT 2002

People said stuff about the Warlords of Pez (if you don't believe me, look:

Dirty Vicar said this:
"Grainne was right, my last subject line was a reference to the mighty
Warlords of Pez. They are this strange Dublin band who play gigs wearing animal masks all dressed in, er can't remember, is it leather jackets and cycling shorts? And they have someone onstage with them with a flipchart which contains the lyrics to their songs (usually the same as the title of their songs). One song is called 'Derek Davis In A Pound Shop With A Basket Full Of Deodorant' (this might mean more to you if you were familiar with Irish TV personality Derek Davis), another 'Fuck Your Partner Like A Zombie Till Their Brains Come Out Their Head' (or something like that). I think they're destined for massive mainstream success.

Is Chris Pez in Warlords of Pez? that would be cool."

and then Chris said this:

"aha!!  since they/we all wear masks then you'll never know.
yeah, i commute to dublin every week to practice

they sound a bit like the comedy slipknot"
See, I'm not making it up.)

And I felt that I had to add some more, because I think Sinister should know about the power of Pez. I adore the band, partly because there is a Warlord in my class at college, and I fancy the pants off him, but also because the gigs are so much fun! They really, really are, if you are in the right mood and the right atmosphere. The Temple Bar Music Centre in Dublin is perfect.

My favourite Pez songs are 'Clippity clop, clippity clop, over the hills and into the sea' and 'Big Robots Don't Paint Very Well' and I also like 'F' and 'UTV'. As well as dressing up, they give out freebies like programmes and comic books, all designed my the band. I think they are very cool, and I want to be in Pez, because they have so much fun!

The song about Derek Davis is based on a true story, by the way!

I think I've performed very badly in all the Friend Tests that I've done. All the questions are much too hard.

Did everyone enjoy the Belfast gig on Monday? I think the line about Stiff Little Fingers in 'Me and the Major' was there just for the Dirty Vicar. I have photos of the gig which will hopefully end up on the web sometime next week, if you're interested.

Oh dear, I think I am committing the big no-no of quoting more than I've written. (does that sentence make sense?) Will you forgive me this time, if I promise not to do it again?
Gráinne.