Sinister: it really tied the room together

Robyn Fadden rfadden at xxx.com
Thu Jan 24 19:55:03 GMT 2002

sini-ster,

agh, they are seismically upgrading the building i work in. this
means they are drilling through concrete with the loudest, most
brain-vibrating devices. but right now they are not. and i am
listening to songs:ohia. good. songs:ohia was definitely i think the
best concert of last year. i laughed, i cried, i awed.

kyla wrote this line and i think it's lovely:

'here's the town 30 miles away burning down'

and also how could one not love a cinematographer cowboy. but it's a
sad love, kyla's. like when you fall in love with a character in a
book. and you dream about them and generally walk around in a daze
for a  while until you realize the futility of it all. but for some
awful reason you still want to read the book again and again.
(the first time this happened to me i was 14 and reading what else
but: 'the thorn birds'. agh. i'm well over it though.)

i would have made this line my subject line, but i wanted to get on
the big lebowski wagon (how big *is it*?) before it really expired.
the first time i saw this movie i actually fell out of my theatre
seat i was laughing so hard. yes, it was an old theatre with slantly
seats, but still, it was that 'this is so funny and so brilliant i
have lost control of my senses' kind of laughter.

i also have to say: duvet manifesto! we will crush all inferior
bedding. we will be comfortable in all weathers. we will pay
attention to department store flyers advertising 50%-off duvet sales.
sinister was talking about this a long time ago, but since it is
still winter, it is still relevant. anyone who has ever had a proper
duvet cannot go back to 'blankets' and 'comforters' or 'sleeping bags
opened up in imitation of a blanket'. i implore you: duvet today.

and see 'waking life', yeah!
and if you snowboard, get wristguards! or only go on really powdery
days. because i broke my wrist snowboarding on what can only be
described as 'ice' two weeks ago and it is Not Fun. and the
seismic-upgrading drills make my broken bones vibrate. ow.
next time i write sinister there will be less advice and more telling
of tales, i promise :) i emote.

fantastiche!
robyn

=====
I was reading the dictionary. I thought it was a poem about everything. ~Steven Wright
~~~
Robyn Fadden    rfadden at yahoo.com    Vancouver, BC