Sinister: On the Good Ship Banchory

Stephen Hewitt shewitt at xxx.uk
Fri Jan 25 14:29:36 GMT 2002

*carsmile hums captain pugwash theme to himself (this is not an excuse
for "seaman staines" jokes (unless he can't think of anything else))

Ahoy there landlubbers

So, new tour dates, exciting, eh?  Anyway as one or two of you old
timers at the back may remember, approximately 9823786491287643 years
ago, it was mooted that B&S would tour the coast of the british isles on
a BOAT, playing gigs in seaside towns.  And what do we notice about
these first two danish dates, THEY ARE BOTH BY THE SEA!!  Obv. the
original plan was too small scale and they are planning to tour the
WHOLE OF EUROPE by boat, which must be a bit of a pisser if you live in
austria, but prolly quite handy if you're somewhere like GREECE which
has lots of coast.  At the end of this tour, say the beginning of June,
they could cruise majestically up the thames and get arrested by the
police, just like THEM SEX PISTOLS 25 years ago.

also with the launch of this banchory list (a good thing, by the way,
cheers neil :)), what exactly *are* beepster doing for the band???

also also with the news that nice mr eavis has got his licence for
GLASTO this year, maybe it's time to bring
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/siniglasto/ back to life, I assume one or
two of you must be thinking about going?

blimey two posts in a week, been a while...

xoxo
CarsmileSteve

PS. SUSSED!! 10 Feb, The Cellar, Oxford!!

PPS. <annoying whining trainspotter>actually there weren't characters
called master bates or seaman staines in capt pugwash actually</annoying
whining trainspotter>

PPPS. I think we've broken friendtest, it got veeerrrrryyyy
sssllllooooowwww yesterday afternoon.  i blame that mark hester ;)