Sinister: i'll admit i'm feeling strange

Rachel Playforth R.Playforth at xxx.uk
Tue Jan 29 14:08:38 GMT 2002

like several others, i have just finished reading 'the perks of being a
wallflower' which i, well, loved.  but it was TWEE AS FUCK!!!  it made
my teeth hurt.  it made me want to read about well-adjusted
cheerleaders.  or hard-boiled detectives.  and yet i did love it.  it
has shoved me into a emotionally fragile place, it seems, and i will
probably only get through the day without crying if i studiously avoid
belle and sebastian, lovely sinister mails, and most of all, thinking.
i have already 'gone weird' at matt this morning.  sometimes it's just
as difficult being in love as falling in it in the first place.

lovely sinister mails: i'll take the risk of just giving quick props and
hugs to dimitra and will; anything more and i'd have to desert my post
at reception, or else be witnessed dissolving rapidly by a dozen baffled
foreign students.

dimitra claims she has never felt nervous meeting her many many
sinisterines.  much as i am looking forward to the brighton meet-up, i
can't say the same thing.  i truly am boring, shy, ignorant, boring,
ugly, annoying and boring, and the fact that a lot of you don't realise
this yet is terrifying.  (nb. i am NOT fishing here, i really am feeling
like this at the moment.  although i admit it probably won't last and
soon i'll switch to being insufferably happy, extrovert and smug.)

my shyness was horribly abused on saturday at a theatre above a pub in
camden.  old friends from york were doing a comedy gig and forced me on
stage for a sketch.  i remembered why i hate the concept of audience
participation so much.  it was not a nice place to have our reunion, to
put it mildly.  plus my trains were being diverted via littlehampton,
which is not a place i would choose to be diverted via.  perhaps i
should have foisted myself on ken, bapps et al instead, sounds like they
had fun.  still, i had a nice dinner, so that was something.

the lightest touch can break a heart.

luv archel xxx

ps. richard wrote:

BUZZBUZZBUZZBUZZ

which was clearly meant to be a hint.  clearly.  so, i'll give in and
point out that Buzzwords is up to date, tidy and sparkling at a NEW
location: http://www.buzzwords.ndo.co.uk.

Visit www.buzzwords.ndo.co.uk for the best new writing on the web.
Email submissions to buzzwords at bigfoot.com
<nb: site undergoing maintenance>