Sinister: It catches my heart in its hands

Michael Vance michael at xxx.com
Tue Jan 29 19:19:13 GMT 2002

On Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 09:56:42AM -0800, Brier Random wrote:

> IN OTHER NEWS: Has anyone else come to the realization that "The Boy With
> The Arab Strap" is Belle & Sebastian's "The Queen Is Dead"? Think openly

Hmm... (puffs on pipe)... hmm... we (you) should start a
sub-discipline of music scholarship focusing on the subtle but obvious
relation between the Smiths and B&S. Yes, all too obvious, perhaps?
Hmm... (puff)

> Everyone on Sinister, pause what you're doing and push play on your CD
> machines and listen to "The Boy With The Thorn In His Side" by The Smiths.

Doing that now. Done. Going back to "Never Had No One Ever" (yes, I
was actually listening to The Queend Is Dead when I received this
email).

> If we all do this at the same time, I promise there will be World Peace. Or

Peace, love, and harmony, even?

> hole cut in the dragon's mouth for your trash to go. Please, does *anyone*
> else remember this???

Yes! And if you really miss it, where I live here in the LA area
(Montrose), we still have the trucks. Not only do we still have ice
cream trucks, but they come around in January, for fupp's
sake. January?!

> Southern California Listerenes (oh no, medicine breath): Is there going to
> be a meetup to watch "Storytelling" despite bad reviews? I mean, we'll enjoy
> it just for the soundtrack, non?

I'm up for it, but have no idea where it's showing. That new
Christopher Walken flick is showing on the 8th, too.

Regards,

m.

--
Mother I never knew,