Sinister: the tweest of she and the she-est of twee

Lee & Lisa leesa at xxx.com
Wed Jan 30 00:18:02 GMT 2002

Greetings and salutations, Sinisterines (pronounced sinisterEEns, for the
nonce)...

I am enraptured.

Surely this list is verging on the most beautifully maudlin catalogue of
heartbeats ever.

With people such as bakerbaker, will salt and liz daplyn baring their poetic
souls, amongst all the rest of the wonderfulness, one can only be
INSPIRED.

The poetry parrot knows nothing of me, but I have captured him in my spare
room, given him soft blankets and infused him with nag champa. So, perhaps
he'll sing a song  (and we'll all be happier or bedazzled for his troubles).

>From _The Merchant of Marvels_ by Frederic Clement:

"...if you prefer something unique,
I can offer you certain priceless relics:

the broken end of Pinocchio's nose
two of Puss-in-Boots' whiskers
one
of
Tom Thumb's
pebbles
or
Thumbelina's cradle:
A NUTSHELL
with rose petal sheets
and mattress of violets,
still warm from her slumber.

And most especially,
an eyelash
stolen from the Queen of Sheba. ..."

Find and read the rest of the poem in the beautiful book, if you have the
inclination. It's worth your troubles, I think.
Art inspires art, and Belle and Sebastian inspire me on a regular basis,
amongst others.

I look forward to the most gorgeous of mix tapes, still forming alchemically
and by degrees....for the MIX TAPE CHALLENGE!
Love,
Lisa from Texas (aka Rachel Ranchero! Viva Rachels!)
p.s. to the lovelorn: there is hope!! I found my soulmate, I really did.
Never thought that I would, but there you have it.(13 years later and I'm
still passionately in love.) You can,too! Chins up, lovelies!