Sinister: Creeque Alley (slight return)

Mark Casarotto boyincorduroy at xxx.com
Thu Jan 31 14:38:35 GMT 2002

With apologies to the obvious...

Chris and Stevie were getting kind of peevy
Cos the sounds they made weren’t all they could be
Bel and Richie, studyin’ in the city
Tryin’ to get a music degree
In the Grosvenor Struan Murdoch sat
“Black pud & tattie scones, yes, I’ll be having that”
Mick Cooke and Belfast Bobby sat there getting slobby
In Glasgow, you know where it’s at
And no-one’s getting fat except wee Bel’s ass.

Bel said “Stevie, you know that we can all see
That you play guitar so beautifully”
Stevie said “cheers Bel, and you play cello so well
And I love that song called “Family Twee”
Bel, Stevie and Struan Murdoch sat (at the 13th Note)
“vegan casserole and mung beans, yes, we’d like that”
Mick Cooke and Belfast Bobby rockin’ in the lobby
In Glasgow, you know where it’s at
And no-one’s getting fat except wee Bel’s ass.

When Sarah was a fresher, she was a little treasure
But she saw the light of R!O!C!K! one day
Standin’ on the Byres Road, wishing that it hadn’t
snowed
She took the Hyndland bus all the way
When Stevie met Sarah he really couldn’t bare her
Asked Struan to form a band, and that was Rhode Island
Mick Cooke and Belfast Bobby, buskin’ for a hobby
Rock stardom they were aimin’ at
And no-one’s getting fat except wee Bel’s ass.

Rhoda, Lisa, Hurley, got to knock off early
Make sure the church is shiny and clean
Start a thing with Isobel, break it off, go to hell
Get it on with Monica Queen
Bob and Richard play with the V-Twin
Stevie, Stu and Sarah laying down their twee thing
Mick Cooke and Belfast Bobby samplin’ Sly and Robbie
In Glasgow you know where it’s at
And everyone’s gettin’ fat except wee Bel’s ass.

Chaotic live shows, Stu D’s Looper explodes
And Isobel’s not well in the States
The band needs a new feel, I guess we’ll have to use
Neil
At least he’s competent on the bass
The papers are starting to slag us
Pete Waterman’s insults are just beginning to rag us
The price of touring Brazil's a cost we just can't
fulfil
It's more than we can really incur
But whatever happens next at least we got our good old
Sinister :-)

(proper lyrics can be found at
http://www.mathematik.uni-ulm.de/paul/lyrics/mamasandpapas/creequ~1.html)