No subject

Stewie-Louie Ratatouille amourfoubaby at xxx.com
Thu Jan 31 22:29:35 GMT 2002

Having spent two otherwise useless hours reading posts, I feel inspired to
become an active producer in the community (I will NOT be a lurker, I will
NOT be a lurker).   I have constructed this to be a kind of autobiographical
meta-post (or, a self-indulgent post about posts) complete with academic
chapter titles.

Virtual Abjection:  Me/Not Me Conflicts in Cyber Culture(s)
    Those of you who look to see who these messages come from may have
guessed that my given name is not Stewie but probably Stewart.  Though the
name pretty much boxed me into a life of geeky academics, it has never
caused any real trouble; that is, until now.  Perhaps due to the fact that I
have never heard the name Stewart used to identify someone besides myself, I
am now filled with joyous expectation that someone has or is about to
acknowledge me whenever I see Stewart, Stew or Stewie (Stew Dawg also
works).  So I was on a bit of an emotional roller coaster these past two
hours as the name was mentioned quite often - producing expectation - yet
never in reference to me - producing disappointment.  I guess I should have
expected this as the one thing we all have in common is a band with not one
but two Stuarts (though I don't think they spell it right).  Does this ever
happen to people called Rachel?

The Radical Body in Motion
    Mad props to Cay Cola-Cube for the Emma Goldman Signature.  You've
reminded me to get my own.

Nation-state-ness as Performance: Utopian/Democratic Rhetoric,
Distopian/Fascist Desire
     (This is a response to Mike's right-on rant.)  When I was in the
process of getting onto this list, I, like a good listee, read about the
crush thing.  My first thought was - I shit you not - "This is great!! I'll
meet someone from Scotland, England or some other non-U.S.A. country and get
married and, in addition to having the love I have always dreamed of, I will
become a citizen of someplace besides this place."  I don't want to make
some sort of whinny argument about it, but if sides are being drawn in
accordance to national boundaries (which, interestingly enough, are all but
irrelevant to the corporations that are the biggest global terrorists) then
I think I am in the wrong spot.  Not that Afghanistan, Pakistan, the
Philippines, Iraq or any other poor nation Bush is trying to annihilate
seems better (or that Scotland, England etc. are totally innocent) it just
really pisses me off that this blood thirsty cow boy takes his (highly
questionable) election as a mandate to speak for everyone and does so like
we all agree.  Please don't think we do and please, someone, marry me soon.
Anyone from Sweden?  I'm a great kisser and I have a Volvo and an Ikea ...
uh ... catalog ... uh ... somewhere ...

Well, now I'm all flustered which should make class interesting.  Take care
and if you can't be good, be good at it.
Stewart

[Amour Fou is always illegal, whether it's disguised as a marriage or a
boyscout troop--always drunk, whether on the wine of its own secretions or
the smoke of its own polymorphous virtues. It is not the derangement of the
senses but rather their apotheosis--not the result of freedom but rather its
precondition.  - Hakim Bey]