Sinister: le pastie de la bougainvillaea

michelle ruiz snowyminor at xxx.com
Thu Jan 31 23:00:32 GMT 2002

and how are we feeling today

  A computer at our uni labs had a wallpaper on it
that said 'Experience it yourself! DUBAI' The picture
was very pretty but I didn't know where Dubai was. So
like a good girl I decided  to research it. So for
those who were unaware like myself... I give you
                           ~DUBAI~
         - 2nd largest city in the United Arab
Emirates (UAE), not the capital
         -is also known as 'the city of merchants'
         - their currency is the dirham
         -temps can range from 10.5 C/50 F  to 48
C/118 F
         -they have a beautiful red flowering tree
there called the bougainvillaea. (no, I can't say it
either.)
         - their version of the gondola is called an
Abra.
         - they have amazing modern architecture that
is modeled after Bedouin  tents.(I've seen pictures
and oh it's nice)
         - a dessert specialty they have is called
Mehalabiya, which is pudding topped with pistachios
and rose water. (sounds divine to me)
         - Dubai Zoo has the world's only captive
colony of breeding Socotra Cormorants (Save the
Cormorant!)

So there you have it. Won't your friends be so
impressed at your new knowledge! I hope so. And tell
them I say hi.

Yes, Chicago is covered in snow right now. People are
making a big commotion over it. I don't see why, it's
Winter-it snows. I keep thinking of that nick cave
song where he sounds like he's about to have a heart
attack saying 'we're under fifteen feet of pure white
snow!!!!!!'  or something like that. Really nick, calm
down. I sort of missed the snow. Nature can change the
scenery of the entire city in one night, which is
pretty amazing when you look at the big powdered
sugary picture. Everything seems quiet, too, when it's
covered in snow. Something busy can be hushed by snow.
 Snow is good.
  (except of course if you're a caucasian rapper.)

experience it yourself
xx michelle xx

http://www.dubaicityguide.com