Sinister: she spoke in dialect i could not understand

Rachel Playforth R.Playforth at xxx.uk
Tue Jul 2 09:37:23 BST 2002

it was wonderful to read la fruitloop's report back from the pre-nuptial
SIMIster picnic - we are all missing mr bapps i'm sure and it's good to
hear that he's being treated well, snogging, washing up and generally
slaving for his aqua-haired fiancee WHICH IS JUST HOW IT SHOULD BE!  i
was momentarily concerned to hear that rachel's fanny looks like
isobel's, then i remembered that she is american, dude, so it isn't
nearly such a strange thing to reveal...

it is raining here again.  but my friend anna just emailed from her new
home in tenerife to say that they've had 5 cloudy days in a row, so HA!
meanwhile, my sister is going to puerto rico soon.  my boss is in spain.
 and i am going nowhere, waiting for the pay to rise as sarah martin
might have sung but didn't.

i attempted to rent 'storytelling' last night but the other solondz fans
in brighton were too quick for me.  we watched 'hurly burly' instead,
which is rather good in a wordy, mamet-esque sort of way.  so i'm
ashamed to admit that i fell asleep on the sofa at 9.30pm, waking up
with bits of haribo sour mix stuck to my face and a horrible lingering
smell of curry.  i am living a dissolute and tragic life, you know.

however, as i write my mother should be negotiating the purchase of a
lovely sparkling new washing machine for my lovely sparkling new flat.
so maybe it's not too late for me to turn it all around and stride
through existence in crisp cotton shirts, free from stains of any
description.  i'm sure there is something about launderettes that drags
people down, and if you're not a fan of marx or engels then what are you
supposed to do while you wait for your spin cycle to finish?

i haven't been to glastonbury, or glasgow, or anywhere else beginning
with 'g' that could provide some interesting Content, so perhaps i'd
better stop.

luv archel xxx

ps. a picnic?  in london?  on saturday?  with MY reputation?

pps. i wonder if in a few days time they will discover a thin and wasted
version of ken chu in an internet cafe somewhere in london, fingers
seized up over the keyboard, having lived on nothing but red bull and
smut for a week...

http://archel.blogspot.com

Visit www.buzzwords.ndo.co.uk for the best new writing on the web.
Email submissions to buzzwords at bigfoot.com