Sinister: Exploding Telly Syndrome

Brian McNeill brianraindogs at xxx.com
Tue Jul 2 10:04:51 BST 2002

I'm in shock!!!

No really, I'm totally numb here . . .

I'd betetr explain I have just switched the power back on in the house. I
got up about 40 mins ago and made a coffee, sat down with the paper and my
hot mud . . . Switched on the television set to catch the news . . .

BOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!

The fucker blew up! There is glass all over the floor! A big huge scorch
mark up the back of the fucking wall (and I just papered in here last
month!) and well chaos. I'm sitting here smoking a cigarette and thinking
'Why me?!'
Ach well the insurance shall pay for a new one! I wonder why it decided to
end it all? I suppose there isn't a samaritans service for depressed
electrical appliances. It coulda talked it over . . .

Ach well looks like for the moment I'm gonna have to make my entertainment.
(Like 'The Broons'!) So it's going to be putting a sheet on the walla and
making wee shadow puppets. (Is it just me or does anyone else agree that
Dudley. D. Watkins was an underrated genius?- Mind you Bud Neil and Lobey
Dosser is class as well)

Ach well if anybody still wants a free ticket for the the Thrill Jockey
Records, Recording Artiste MR BOBBY CONN who is playing tonight at King tuts
let me know. The response has been underwhelming. (So i musta made a real
arse of myself at brel on thursday. So apologies, just nervous!)

And I'm babbling here!

fuck!

fuck!

the telly!!!!!!!!

arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

going mad as he's gonnae miss such televisual gems as 'trisha' and 'guess my
arsehole'

brian ;)