Sinister: Take your chickenpox and shove it (sorry!)

snowy . snowy_theband at xxx.com
Tue Jul 2 10:40:33 BST 2002

Hello everyone.

I've been silent and lurking for ages now, but news of my death was just
wishful thinking *GRIN*

I have a cold coming on, and too much work, and a child with chickenpox, and
huge debts, and an offer of free recording time but not a whole line up to
do it, and I feel like everyday I just waste more time.  So, being quite a
pragmatic person, as well as quite driven when the mood takes me, I'm trying
to tackle them.  Not much I can do about the cold except rest (probably
means easing up on the work front if possible) and maybe eat lots of garlic
and ginger.  I'm looking for a new job.  The chickenpox will go, but it's
hard seeing her feeling so rough and being frustrated.  I'm finally starting
to clear my debts and they'll probably seem like nothing in a few months.
So, the other things, which are surely linked, are the issues which are
really bugging me.  Because I've been skint for ages I haven't had money to
replace musical things which have broken (mainly my amp).  So, as things
have sat in the corner of my bedroom gathering dust, my attitude had done
likewise.  So I've been sitting, watching telly, feeling tired and jaded,
and thinking "I'll dust myself off tomorrow".  I'll still not be able to
afford a new amp, or to repair the old one, for at least a month.  But I
have started to think that even just recording a few new things into a tape
recorder, playing my battered acoustic guitar is better than sitting still.
MAybe a change in attitude will result in a fairy tale ending and great
fortune will fall into my lap.  Or maybe not.  I'll let you know if positive
thinking really works.

PICNIC:  I'm hoping to make it along to the Primose Hill picnic on July
13th.  I'll have my daughter with me, but she's an ace laugh.  She has
(some) great taste in music, she can join in the rude conversations, and she
loves DUCK, DUCK GOOSE!

Take care.
P x