Sinister: Idleberry's Fear Of The Pollen Count

Gardiner, Stuart Stuart.Gardiner at xxx.uk
Tue Jul 2 13:09:12 BST 2002

There's been a distinct lack of Reporting Back from Glasto so far. Maybe
everyone who went is still stuck in the traffic jams on their way home. Four
hours to get out of the car park anyone?

Of course, they were fantastic, all the people at the front had been
standing there for hours to get a good view and knew all the words, and all
the people at the back couldn't see a bloody thing. I wasn't there (money
reasons), but some things are very predictable. And at least one person will
write about how their view was blocked by an idiot in a jester's hat.

What we all want to know isn't the setlist; did B&S stay in tents? Or did
they stay in a posh hotel and get a helicopter in for the day? Since I tend
to stay in hotels which are more likely to have cockroaches on the pillow
than a complimentary mint, I hope they roughed it. If only so that the NME
can make bad jokes about B&S being camp.

Last year, they fulfilled a life's ambition by playing at the Royal Albert
Hall. This year, Glastonbury. Where next? I think it's time to start another
Sinister campaign, and persuade them to play a gig at the Globe theatre in
London. There cannot be a more suitable venue.

Big Stu

Coming soon: Neil Robertson versus Steven Wells in the 2002 Swearathon. It's
all just soooooo untwee.