Sinister: reporting back with 'billy sloan style' photos to follow

Thomas Henderson theboywiththemiddleeasternstrap at xxx.uk
Tue Jul 2 15:07:44 BST 2002

hullo!

  i'm back home now, and in the week (almost) that
i've been away things have changed 'round these parts.
my bedroom looks a lot brighter and cleaner, the loft
is floored now as well. and the pet shop on the main
street next to what every's is now the barber shop
that used to be round the corner and up the hill, next
to the bank.

     so glastonbury.... the bands were good and stuff,
festival highlights (excluding belles, they have their
own section coming up) were the beta band who were
simply fantastic and even got away with not playing
dry the rain (bastards) Mull Historical Society were
excellent for a sing/bop along. gorkys as always were
fantabulous, but before they came on i caught a guy
called pete yorn who sounded a bit like what brmc
wanted to sound like. the point is though that rolf
was the highlight of the festival with his midsummer
christmas song and hollies cover.

        "billy sloan style photos" but "what are they"
struan asked, well, billy sloan is this guy who is the
entertainments/ showbiz correspondant on the news
programme scotlant today and also in those fine
establishments of print that are the daily record and
the sunday mail. he always has these cheesy photos
with the stars. however, the authenticity was recently
questioned as he usualy wears the same shirt and has
the same smile and stands in the same position.

    so anyway the belles did a Q signing tent thing,
which was really good. my vitriol were signing before
them and of the thirty or so people in the queue about
seven of them were there for my vitriol, everyone else
for the belles. it was funny when the security bloke
tried to get us to leave the fenced queue we informed
him that we were all here for the next band and as he
glanced along the line at the twee indie-popsters
standing waiting on their band to shuffle out, he
informed my vitriol that they were as well leaving the
tent after only abouty five minutes.

       so then they appeared and i got a notepad
signed and photos taken with stuart and stevie. stuart
had hurt his hand playing football. richard agreed
that the guys from alfie were totally out of their
tits, and i got mick a bit confussled about "bud" and
"burds" i think mr cooke's mind was on other things
maybe. then i walked away, then i remembered that i
left the notepad on the table so i ran back and got
it.

    then i went and chilled and watched a bit of brmc,
then went back to the tent. i caught a bit of elbow
before b&s, they were alright. umm b&s were fantastic,
is there any need to eloaborate? they covered the boys
are back in town again, it rocked (spot deliberate
irony) then i toddled off to see gorky's and euros
walked past me on the way down, so the question is,
was he up seeing the belles or a bit of roger waters?

   then i went and hippied out for a little while and
wrote some things in my notepad, i might share them
with you when i feel special again.

    lots of other things happened but i can't be
bothered detailing my weekend in real-time that and i
might be too mashed to remember

 so byeee thomas x

      ps: the best kind of drugs are free ones