Sinister: Hanging Around (literally)

Simon Fallaha psi_fla at xxx.com
Tue Jul 2 15:57:32 BST 2002

Hello again everyone.

You know something? I hardly saw anything of
Glastonbury. All I saw was Jools Holland and his band
playing in the afternoon - sounded very good, but I
was flicking between that, the tennis and football.
Spoiled for choice, eh? Ah well, now the World Cup's
over I won't get that kind of choice.

This morning I happened by the video for Gemma Hayes'
latest single, Let A Good Thing Go, while channel
surfing. It's alright, I suppose, but too much
flashing. The video for Hanging Around was much easier
on the eyes. That, and the song was slightly catchier.
I'm happy to hear that she'll supposedly be performing
at our very own Nerve Centre soon. We haven't had a
decent band come here since the Super Furry Animals
last November.

Latest news: I am bound for Tunisia on the 17th!
Anywhere that you can find much better weather than
here in Derry (mind you, is that difficult?) is
wonderful by me. Looking forward to it. Got to go to
my brother's graduation first though...

I didn't think I was going to post again so soon, but
your recent posts couldn't help but catch my
attention. So, for the first time in ages, here come
my notes to everybody...

Anne
----

You talked a lot about Isobel. She sounded nice enough
on The Gentle Waves songs, however much I dislike
them, so you can't say she doesn't have a professional
singing voice. No doubt, she is missed. Perhaps you
are right though about her constant depression, though
(is that another explanation for her attention seeking
at live gigs?). As for Astrid, I think she may still
be around (after all, I hung about for nearly six
months without posting).

Ken Chu
-------

Hope your interview today went really well, and yes, I
did watch the World Cup final (remember how boring I
said it might be after my four favourite teams went
out?). Actually, it was very good. Don't know what all
the fuss about Denilson is though (he didn't do that
much, did he?).

Grainne, Stu
------------

Like your Divine Comedy message titles. Reminds me
that they played Something For The Weekend on Radio 2
the other day.

Grainne
-------

Great to hear from you again, I think it's been a
while since I last saw you post. I still remember much
of the Belfast gig even six months from now (probably
because I haven't been to another concert since!! And
then there was the article I wrote for the uni
magazine, published in March). Good point you made
about the lyrics too (they were probably best on
Tigermilk and If You're Feeling Sinister), although I
prefer the music, especially on songs like Legal Man,
Sleep The Clock Around and The Boy With The Arab
Strap. Actually, to this day I'm undecided on what my
favourite B & S song is.

Rachel fruitloop
----------------

It's always fun to read your posts.You mentioned that
you really liked the Storytelling album, but have you
seen the film?

In General

A while ago, you all mentioned McDonald's characters.
Funny topic of conversation, but did any of you
mention that big purple thing they called Grimace?

Take care,

Psi