Sinister: FW: Might be of interest to B&S people.

David White david at xxx.uk
Tue Jul 2 19:11:30 BST 2002

List abuse here but it might be of interest to some...

Summer Holiday with Belle and Sebastian in Spain

Last summer a friend and I went to Spain for a music festival at the
seaside. We had a lovely time there in the sun, with three full days of
music, and a beach party at the end. Belle and Sebastian played last year,
and they?ll be there again this time. There are many other bands and artists
playing, as an inspection of the festival?s site shows -
http://english.fiberfib.com/, but a few names here ? Radiohead, Primal
Scream, Saint Etienne, Sigur Ros, DJ shadow, The Cure, The Chemical
Brothers.

This year we're going again, but it will be by coach this time (flying to
Barcelona and traveling on  by train was an awkward journey). We?ll leave
Central London on the evening of Wednesday 31st July, and be back sometime
on the 7th August. A campsite is included in the festival ticket price, so
we'll take tents, and aim to get at least one meal cooked together each day.
We?re in touch with the organizers and hoping to negotiate a good place on
the site. The lovely town of Benicassim has many restaurants, some suitable
for vegetarians, and food and drink is cheaper than in the UK. The cost of
the coach ride (during which everyone will have a nice air-conditioned time)
and festival ticket together will be less than £250. It?s a very friendly
festival. Sure, we queued up for the showers, but there are lots of nice
touches, like the free internet access tent, which is being expanded this
year. Sun and sea are guaranteed.

If you?re interested in being among the 49 people going there at the end of
this month, you should get in touch with james.booth at btinternet.com or
mick at strobetalbot.com.