Sinister: be not inhospitible to window cleaners lest they be philosophers in disguise

Jonathan Skinner staralful at xxx.com
Wed Jul 3 16:39:30 BST 2002

Dear All
I hope this finds you in remarkable fine fettle. i should really get a new
opening but i really can't think of one so i won't.
So thie first thing on my mind- GLASTONBURY-  it was great but the gods of
fate were not smiling nicely upon me last night. I was tired and i stayed up
all the way to midnight- i thought-buggeer this for a game of toy soldiers
i'm aff to bid.  So i press OTR a whole 5 times incase i missed anything and
it turns out that within 5 minutes of me putting on the tape they were there
on stage- wandering alone is ace and i want to know where stevie a) gets his
glasses and b) gets the coat.  Also i must agree with someone on the list
who said that sarah has come into her own since the unfortuate incident of
last month. SHe has and it is about bloody time. SHe is talented and i think
that waiting for the moon to rise prooved it only she has been masked by the
*personification of twee*  which leads me onto the sad topic once more.
Someone said that she embodies tweeness- does she heck. If being twee
involves being moody and not performing for your fans while still living off
them  then slap me in theface with a wet fish. Twee is all nice and fluffy
which i don't think her
tweeness really embodies. i think so anyway but only cos i'm listening to
i'm waking up to us.

"I think they are holding a grudge against the Republic of Ireland"- thus
spake the words of ms lynch. It doesn't suprise me even though ireland is
monstrously expensive ( it cost me a ?2.50  for a normal coffee earlier).
The
gig wasn't great audience wise but at least it didn't desend into what the
pulp gig last year did- lets just say free tickets to northside dubliners is
never a good idea. ( i hope i am slowly offending the irish contingent)
Speaking of which   MEETUP  for some reason should be on the agenda- i
suggest stephens green then when it gets dark and they decide to shut the
park up adjourn to Keoghs just off grafton street- that is if i make it up
to Dublin.

OH on to the topic line-for once this isn't just a topic line taken from a
simpsons episode or a song (Well it make it quite difficult as i am
listening to ravi shanker). It is infact my life. Every monday and thursday
is taken up with window cleaning-it is a good job, paid well and i get on
with the boss. THe down side is people think you are idiots cos you aren't
working in a shop or something. Plus you get all these smart arsed comments
aobut "ohh you missed a bit" and another one that got quoted at me 3 times
monday " will you come oveer and do mine"   Stand aside Billy Connelly and
jack dee.

So summer is working out for me which is more than can be said for last
years which both sucked and blew. Days where i am not working are spent in
town with friends or at friends housing chewing the cud and plotting ( well
writing a script for a going away party) or trying to tell an 11 ukranian
( who is a friend of friends sister) not to watch films such as Hannibal (
which even i refused to watch). THere were a few of us sat around chatting
about Shallow Grave and out bursts this kid "ewan mcgregor was really good
in that"  we couldn't believe that she had seen it.

RIght that is all i can really think to saay-this was composed over a couple
of days

godspeed

jonathan