Sinister: if we're talking about love, then I have to tell you

jason.cochrane at xxx.com jason.cochrane at xxx.com
Thu Jul 4 18:56:26 BST 2002

Dear Readers,

I'm not sure where I'm headed... sitting here... bored out of my mind.

So I have decided to write you my sinistors and sinistorita's.
It is a very nice day here in sunny Toronto.  In fact far too nice for our
current garbage collection strike... the streets are starting to smell...
everything is starting to smell... why do these things always happen in the
summer?
I have never heard of a garbage strike in the winter... or maybe I just
haven't noticed.

I haven't wrote in a while... Things are good if unchanged. I'm not used to
having a routine. For the last couple years I have had no use for a bed
time... or any reason to eat meals at specific times of day. I miss rotating
shift work. It always kept me on my toes.

I had a very nice old skool bar-b-que last night on my back deck. It felt
like I was 16 again and my parents had gone for the weekend.  I must say I
grilled dem steaks to perfection (for those of you out there who are married
to the carrot, just pretend I said something made out of soy) many 40oz's of
OE and blunts were enjoyed by all. Particularly me who got doused in malt
liquor for putting on "sad bastard" music (ie. i love my car).

Once the food was gone we moved the party inside, I had a good 15-20 people
bumping to the spotieotiedopalicous sounds of *m j j a s o n d * my name for
the evening. Not bad for a wednesday night (a normal one... Canada day was
last week)  the big hits for the night were... sunny meadows by Del Tha
Funkee Homosapien, Herbal Scent by Yesterday's New Quintet and Southern
Fried Funk by Arrested Development... my attempts to add both the Beta Band
and Grandaddy to the mix were met with resistance but eventually people were
feeling the summer vibe.

So I ask you sinisters.... hit me(off list) with your favorite summer tracks
(no more than 5)... stuff that makes you want to shake shake shake your
rump...

I'll post the ultimate sinister summer compilation tracklisting once I get
enough suggestions....

don't take the easy way out... try to stay away from eighties to early 90's
pop tunes if you can... I'm sure everybody's heard Melt With You

Toni Tony Tone's, It Feels Good anyone?

Ya'll feel me, my daemae's?

Jason

P.S. I woke up to sad professor this morning.... it was playing on the
radio.
       strange...  it wasn't even a single. Maybe i was still dreaming.