Sinister: how twee is your love?

Ian Watson ianwatsonuk at xxx.com
Thu Jul 4 21:53:02 BST 2002

I happened to have five or so minutes to spare and there wasn't much on the
telly except interminable DIY shows and stuff about sport, so I thought I'd
do something useful with my time.

Then, I decided to do this instead:

HOW TWEE ARE YOU?

Are you the floppiest of floppy-fringed indie kids? Do you sigh whenever you
hear a girl in a charity shop dress blow tunelessly into a recorder? Have
you ever drunk lemonade at a gig "as a fashion statement"? Are you whistling
a happy tune to yourself while you eke away your precious youth on the
internet?

Then you, my friend, may well be twee! But how twee are you? Find out with
this exciting Twee Test, which works out scientifically just out twee you
really are. To take part simply go to http://www.howdoesitfeel.co.uk and
press on the link cunningly entitled Twee Test.

Erm, that's it. Apart from to say "Friday night, they'll be dressed to
kill/down at Geno's bar and grill/the drink will flow and the blood will
spill/but if the boys wanna fight you better let 'em!"

Damn, that's my twee rating blown right out of the water.

ps - "the jukebox in the corner blasting out my favourite song...."