Sinister: Take Your Fanny Pack and Shove It

robin stout stoutrobin at xxx.com
Fri Jul 5 11:50:35 BST 2002

Hello

Suddenly I have all sorts of things to say, and not much time to say it in.
I've decided to split it up into installments, so you don't all get bored.

***

Archel said:

"i was momentarily concerned to hear that rachel's fanny looks like
isobel's, then i remembered that she is american, dude, so it isn't
nearly such a strange thing to reveal..."

I've just come back from America, and among the million infomercials I saw
one for an "Amazing Three in One Fanny Firmer". My friend who I was staying
with heard me laughing and couldn't understand what all the fuss was about.
"I got myself a firmer fanny in only two weeks with the amazing fanny
firmer." It truly was amazing. he he!

It reminded me of a time when I was still at school and nine o-clock on
saturday mornings still had meaning to me. That meaning was saturday morning
tv. I was a Going Live! boy through and through, but even I got bored
sometimes, especially when they had the Agony Uncle on. I remember his main
piece of advice was always "Tell the big boys to bog off" and I'm sure
hundreds of spotty nosed, speccy boys still bear the scars today from the
beatings they got because of it. Well, one morning I had flicked over to
CITV, which I think at the time was being presented by a giant kangaroo, and
they were on the whacky purple sofa doing an interview with Hulk Hogan, who
was promoting his new film, "Mister Nanny". The interview was going well,
and although I wasn't allowed to watch wrestling so I couldn't understand
much of it, I was still fascinated enough by his droopy moustaches to stop
myself flipping channels. At the end of the interview, Hulk Hogan pointed
his ten inch finger at camera one for a close up. He growled:

"I'm Mister Nanny, and I'm gonna whup yo fanny"

Now I wasn't quite sure what "whupping" was, but I certainly knew what a
fanny was, so I was sure that a "whupped" one was even ruder. I was shocked.
The presenters were shocked. Their faces were all squiggles and lines. The
kangaroo made a hasty pratfall to try to divert attention from Hulk's
confused expression, and his moustaches which were drooping more and more by
the second.

The commercials came on. I flipped back to Going Live!, where Trevor and
Simon were swinging their pants. I knew where I was safe. ITV was just too
hot to handle.

***

ooh, I've got an awful lot to say, but I have to do a bit of work. So I'll
save the rest for the next installment, including all about my holiday, and
maybe, who knows, a little b+s content...

Until then...

bye!

Robin x