Sinister: Sleeping with the enemy

Sam Walton samwaltonyeah at xxx.com
Fri Jul 5 18:19:22 BST 2002

Hewwo sinister.

I’ve been quiet of late because of mounting Uni work. But now it’s all over
I can relax and sit on my arse sending emails to a bunch of bedroom saddo
devotees. I applied for a job at V-Shop, went for an interview, and today I
got it. Yay! to me. Satan's waiting for Monday morning with a red hot
arse-poker with my name on it. It's not so bad though, I keep telling myself
– I can be like a mole on the inside, carefully positioning B&S records in
front of Destiny's Child, Primal Scream in front of Gareth Gates. The other
people who work there seem okay, too, plus it's money (well, £4.88 per
hour), and that's currently what I need. I'm a slave to the working week
now, doncha know. So if anybody finds themselves in London’s Trendy Crouch
End (to give it its full title), drop and say hello.

I bought a laptop the other day, and rather spanking it is too. I'm pleased
with it, anyway. The only slightly annoying thing is that my archaic version
of Championship Manager is now obsolete - I was all ready to have an illicit
game in bed (IN BED! yes, let’s play Spot The Bluddy Stoodent) when it said:
"This program cannot run on this platform". Bastards at MicroSoft want to
deny me of fun. I've ordered the ChampMan update, natch.

Recent posts have been lovely. I’ve read every one since I got back from Uni
and realised I had nothing better to do. I enjoyed Terry’s B&S quiz, and
Danny’s “How To Be A Hipster In Five Easy Steps”, and Jason’s five-timer
grew on me… ;-)

As you can prolly tell by the rambling nature of this email, I've not done
much this week, apart from get a job, and be thwarted in my attempt to
indulge in nocturnal ChampMan sessions. Timmmytoast Henman just went out of
Wimbledon, about which I have nothing interesting say. There's only five
weeks until the beginning of the football season. Yippidy, and, quite
literally, doo-dah.

Hello, by the way. How are you?

love

Asm.x