Sinister: Love and Scrambled Eggs

Reggie Whitecastle coinmaster63 at xxx.com
Fri Jul 5 19:13:44 BST 2002

Greetings Belle and Sebastian Fans

   Wow, a second post in the same week.  Yesterday,
while working, I was the one of only five people at my
work complex.  A few weeks ago they asked for
volunteers to work on July 4th and I happily
volunteered since I have a hefty coin habit to support
and I really had nothing else to do anyway.  After
work, I was surprised as I drove home past my favorite
diner to see it was open.

   I guess, after observing these posts, I've come to
see that this seems to be the kind of forum where an
old geezer like me can whine about his love life.  Or
lack thereof.

  Eight years ago, my ex wife and I got a divorce.  I
guess she hasn't really been replaced--instead I've
just started obsessing over collecting things.  I have
2 iguanas, a chameleon, and a snake named Baby.  They
are my family.  Lately, though, I've found someone
that I really admire and who I wish would love me.
Her name is Denise, and she's the waitress at my
favorite diner, Gunther Tooties.  So.. last night when
I drove by, I instinctively thought of her and whether
or not she was working.  Denise always refills my
coffee right when I am wanting more.  She gives me
extra hashed browns and winks at me.  A few times I've
written her poems on my napkin,
"Denise
You make me weak in the knees
Would you love me please?"

But it just doesn't convey the message I want, and I
end up tearing up the napkin each and every time.

How can I tell this woman that I love her? Oh, woe is
me!  She's the kind of woman that I want to call
"Sunshine" !

When I am feeling especially down in the dumps about
Denise, I listen to "The Boy Done Wrong Again" and
feel sorry for myself.  My iguanas, John and Yoko,
always make me feel better... but... there's just
something about a human presence that a reptile's
cannot match (Don't tell them I said that! LOL!) .

So, I drove past the diner, and stepped in.  I asked
the busboy if Denise was working and he said she had
the day off to visit her husband, who is in prison.

I had never known about a husband.  And at that moment
I felt my heart go bursting into a thousand pieces.

Toodles!
Reggie