Sinister: That game isn't funny anymore

Fernando Brito fbrito at xxx.br
Sat Jul 6 04:34:08 BST 2002

Hello, Sinister!

Last night I was in my bedroom watching the "boobs" episode of Everybody
Loves Raymond... the one in which Ray's wife pretends that she made a
plastic surgery on her breasts and when she comes out of the toilet to show
him his new friends he says "You made two excelent choices!"!
Haha! Well, not THAT funny, anyway...
Then came the advertisements, so I started zapping... eventually I got to
BBC World and what I saw made me jump out of my bed and come running to
start writing this post. I didn't finish it last night because Hong, my
korean flatmate, was sitting by my side reading what I was writing and I
hate when people read something I haven't finished yet...
ON BBC World it was showing something like a movie clip, I think it was a
trailer because the tv show was called Talking Movies... anyway, it was
showing some mental kids playing football and Stars of Track And Field was
playing while this kid with brain damage was holding a football. It didn't
last more than two or three seconds and the show ended, with ST&F playing.
So weird! I didn't have enough time to understand what was that all about,
actually I wasn't paying much attention until I heard Stuart Lee Murdoch's
voice singing an alternative version of that song... it was a bit slower,
but maybe it was the original version, I'm not sure...

Now I ask you, guys, do you know something about this tv show or about this
supposed movie? That put me insomniac! It was on BBC World, last night,
about 21:30 Brazil time (00:30 GMT).

###
Another question...
Yesterday I was at work talking with my friend Marcos and some girl whose
name I don't know, and this girl told us that we were anti-social b/c we
never have lunch with the rest of the people there. Actually we are working
there just for a short period, soon we'll go away, it's just that we (me
and Marcos) just feel more comfortable this way, without people from other
companies among us (we're in a project in a big TV network that only hires
outsourcing companies, they basically don't have employees, it's just a lot
of rival companies, one trying to take the other one's place, and we're
shy, after all). We were talking about having lunch and related stuff when
Marcos said that I only eat "green stuff", so the girl that we were talking
with asked me if I never ate meat. I replied: "Well this is not true, I do
eat martians!". Now I ask you:
Who is the dumbest? Me, because my joke was too stupid, or them, because
they don't know/understand that martians are green, for god's sake?!

Please let me know if I'm really as witty as I think I am or just a moron!

###
As nobody cared about my shaved head... I had to do something else to stand
out.
SO I PIERCED MY LEFT EYEBROW! YAY!! I have a piece of metal attached to my
face!!!
Now I REALLY cause offense by the way I look! And my boss didn't complain
at all! In fact he gave me a raise!!! I think I'll hurry and tatto my
forehead! Just to see what happens! Maybe they'll make me the president of
the company!

Speaking of earnings... do you remember that I once wrote that I would have
to open a firm because they didn't want to pay the taxes for a well paid
employee, so I would call my company "BS"?! Well, the time has come! "BS
LTD" Not Bull-Shit as some of you funny guys said, but... you know! Too bad
that they delayed this raise too much, so I won't have enough money to go
to Spain/Benicassin/Tomatina this year. Sniff...

###
Before I leave I'd like to thank Idleberry for being so kind with the
"foreign people" and writing a special post for us and all other
sans-picnic. Thanks Idles, I was getting upset with all that "picnic-here
picnic-there" talking while here in Brazil we are so few and dispersed that
it gets impossible to have our own B&S meet-up, so any post that doesn't
have to do with B&S fans meeting and doing things together is a good post
for me. I know I'm being jealous... damn you, grand-grand-grand...
grandfather, you decided to come to this wild land instead of moving to the
civilized Britain!

###
AWww, yeah! This wild land is the WORLD CHAMPION! PENTA!!!
But I have to admit, this game isn't funny anymore...  And we're not that
good, but noone can beat us... this is so sad and boring... Brazil is like
the Harlem Globe Trotters of football, it's like it's all arranged! SO
EASY!!!

Kisses and hugs!

Fernando Brito