Sinister: now we only need one thing

Guðmundur Jóhannsson gummi at xxx.net
Mon Jul 8 20:40:47 BST 2002

Hi all!!

I was the only one that attended the icelandic sinister picnic. oh it
was so much fun! :)

Travis was here on the 4th of july. A great Icelandic band called The
Leaves opened the gig and did it well. You lot will probably hear from
them in the near future. They cant perform in Iceland without the
regular crowd from Q, NME and MTV raid the gig.

Travis were a little dissapointing. I was expecting more, they are
Travis after all. They took a whole different setlist then they are used
to playing in recent gigs probably because the didnt know what the
icelandic crowd knew. They probably didnt notice that the crowd whent
nuts when they played Happy from Good Feeling their first album. A album
that went nowhere and died the same day it was released. People really
love them here. I thought that the gig was a bit short.

Coldplay are the live kings at the moment. They came here last fall and
played an amazing gig. Everybody loved it.

Nothing exciting happening here in the summertime now that Travis have
gone. The Hives and White Stripes are reported to come here in the fall
but thats not confirmed.

We never get any good band because its probably expensive to come with
all the gear here on our little island.
Now I only need B&S to make a trip here. :)

Gotta go play with me friends now!! The sun never goes away in the
summer here so you can imagine how much fun it is to play football all
the night.

have fun!

Gummi