Sinister: it's absolutely out, i know it's hippie shit

rrrrobyn rfadden at xxx.com
Tue Jul 9 20:38:40 BST 2002

sinister.,.,.

though the medium of email does not convey it, i thought all these
things at the *same time*:

zzt zzt zzt:
this is some kind of synth-noise i heard on a cd. it's good to say
aloud while a friend goes 'untza untza untza' in the back of his or
her throat ('the beat'). this kind of thought makes me want to
mention: Steven Kado. and i will, if only because he is rad and from
what i cannot help but believe has taken to riding around berlin on a
folding bicycle, blasting beat happening on his boombox. to the
sinister archives for kado-ness!

far too much information about tea:
i found some malaysian tea in the cupboard at work and on the label
it says 'a masterpiece from the cameron highlands'. so true - the tea
leaves are so small yet so full of caffeine, surely a master is at
work here. there was a time when i didn't use the caffeine. then a
couple months ago i went back on the stuff, but only in tea form.
then the world cup hit and i started drinking espresso. aaagh. i'm
back to tea now though and feeling much less 'on edge' as they say.
anyway, since i'm the only one in the office who owns a teaball in
which to put the loose tea, all the gold blend masterpiece tea is for
me! and i am drinking it right now! but here's another thing: i've
been microwaving my hot water b/c there is a microwave in my new
office location and *no kettle*. at first i thought it just wasn't
right, but now i'm all about the 4-minute mug of boiled water (it is
a small microwave. but maybe i am over-cooking the water? is that
possible?). but still, i wouldn't be doing this if i had a choice.

stereo total:
i have been listening to stereo total's musique automatique on
headphones and therefore giving it a 'proper listen'. and loving it,
of course. yeah! awesome. get some today! (and the subject heading of
this email will be revealed in all its glory!)

not actually a thought, but more of an addition i don't have the will
to leave out of this email:
haha, again, i bought new music on the weekend! the shock of it all.
i bought camera obscura 'biggest bluest hi-fi' - a spanish import
though for some weird reason! es beuno. i almost passed on it b/c i
was having a moment where i wanted 'pop with guts', whatever *that*
is. but then i knew that i really wanted fey scottish pop with
strings and hurrah for that. and, in a sentimental moment, i broke
down and bought the langley schools music project (hey, langley is
only 30 minutes from here. and orff instruments were a big part of my
childhood.) damn, this album is good. so good you want to scream!
waah! if only for the whoo hoo hoo's on 'i'm into something good'.
but really for so much more. it makes you love life, honestly. (thank
you carsmile steve and the dirty vicar for writing to the list about
it and reminding me to buy it :) )

robin stout:
is rad. and not just because his 'hectic tourist schedule' involved
'atlanta's most notorious stripper'. but geez, wow.

grammatical quandry:
here's my little quandry of the day. when i edit papers and such
(which i do all the fuckin' time), i put the punctuation inside the
quotation marks, yet when i write email i always put it outside. it
feels wrong, but i do it b/c it looks better. or does it? is it a
medium thing? or am i just subconsciously rebelling against
traditional editing style?! you can see how exciting it is to be me,
really.

even the editors need editors,
robyn
p.s. i've decided that though weblogs are the 'dark side', i do not
have the 'force' to resist. right now i'm just treating it as my
brain's recyling bin: full of garbage that might one day be
reconstituted into a shiny new pop can!
p.p.s. welcome to molly who seems very sinister indeed with her
purported shyness and penchant for perscription drugs and vibrating
beds. a-hrm. 'teaching english in china', my ass. :)

=====
I was reading the dictionary. I thought it was a poem about everything. ~Steven Wright
~~~
Robyn Fadden    rfadden at yahoo.com    Vancouver, BC