Sinister: you should never be embarassed by your trouble with living...la la la la la la

lindsey baker halighhalou at xxx.com
Wed Jul 10 04:48:51 BST 2002

hello sinister.

i have blisters on my feet tonight and no one cared except joe.

and i didn't know how i felt about that.

walking around in the heat downtown again tonight attached at the hand to
him, i started to feel sweaty and uncomfortable. and my feet started to
remind me why the mary janes should only be for short distances, not
"romantic" walks. joe said the sound of the little heels clicking on the
pavement sounded important.

and now, at the paper, i have undone the buckles and pulled out my heels,
seeking relief from pain, among other things. and walking on the tiled part
of the floor, the backs of my shoes loose and flopping, the scraping sounded
like a little girl playing dress-up in her mum's shoes.

importance was so quickly diluted to childishness, and here i am again
wondering what the fuck i am doing.

can i ever be happy again?

i am tempted to ask "what's wrong with me?" but i know and i don't the
answer to that. so leave it said unsaid and then go on to the next post in
the inbox, business as usual and me with my whining and everlasting rubbing
and swelling and bursting of skin.

***

on the every day and every night cd there is a picture of some skeletons
floating betwixt a few barren trees. and i suddenly realize this song is
saying the words coming from the skeletons' mouths:

'why do you lay so low in the grass?'  'don't you want to be found?'

maybe i should just stay inside somewhere, somewhere cold, with my music and
a pen and a boy who loves me just enough to take me without wanting me.

love,
debra skyline
xo

to ride and swim like nobody's business! while you're temporarily residing
on our beautiful, secluded island paradise camp, enjoy lessons from friendly
guest instructors such as mandee wright and listen to a different live band
every night (we feature saddle creek gems and omaha rapists)!
dating lindsey is also an available option, so long as conor is off-island.
SIGN UP TODAY!!!