Sinister: throw this girl a bone

notorious jpb mrsaudiac at xxx.com
Wed Jul 10 17:13:55 BST 2002

sin-sins,
thanks to SGS for summoning me from the depths of lurkerdom.  i've been
thinking about you recently, sinister.  maybe it's the time of the season,
or a desire for cameraderie, or just the mental image of all of you naked
that has spurred this present post.

first, for the Raving About Literature.
go out right now to your library, or favorite independent bookstore, or
wherever, and get your paws on this book:  Everything is Illuminated by
Jonathan Safran Foer.  I know it's risky to expose my love of a certain
novel to the masses, not knowing if they'll really like it, or if they'll
just pretend to like it to be nice, or if they'll masturbate upon it, or
simply eat it.  but i think you'll like this one, sinister.  it features a
dog named sammy davis, junior, junior; a Ukranian translator who knows
English not so premiumly; and the Holocaust.  it is not a joke.  but it is
the funniest and saddest book i've read in ages (save for the graphic novel
Good-bye Chunky Rice by Craig Thompson, which made me weep like a babe). Go.
  Now.

secondly, for the whining.
so last weekend i was at hidden cove karaoke in chicago, and was having a
grand old time.  sang some songs, drank some drinks.  at 3am, a fellow comes
in and announces that a car fitting a certain description had been broken
into, and lo! twas my car!  window smashed, cdplayer heartlessly ripped from
the dash, and the worst thing EVER--a gob of cds were taken as well.  the
resale value is nil, since they were in a little zip-up case sans artwork or
jewel cases.  and i highly doubt the vandals were really interested in
listening to the aislers set.  it's likely that the whole case was just
dumped in a dumpster, or masturbated upon, or eaten.

SO THIS IS WHERE YOU COME IN!  if any of you are crazy about burning cds for
a poverty-stricken girl who cannot afford to replace the missing cds, and
even crazier for mailing them intra- or inter-continentally, then i would
love you forever.  i might even place a photo of you under my pillow, or
make out with a poster-sized version of you which i have taped on my wall.
here's the list, should any of you care to help out (SGS HELP!:) )
1. the pastels--suck on
2. spearmint--a week away
3. felt--train above the city/pictorial jackson review
4. built to spill--perfect from now on
5. heavenly vs. satan
6. beat happening--jamboree (from the box set, no less)
7. tracy & the plastics--muscler's guide to videotronics
8. IYFS!!!!!!!!!
9. smiths--hatful of hollow
10. milky wimpshake--lovers not fighters
11. aislers set--the last match
12. wedding present--seamonsters
13. wedding present--mini
14. hefner--breaking god's heart

breaking god's heart?  it's breaking MY heart.  how can i possibly drive my
automobile without "we're going out" blasting into the balmy chicago air?
see, you wouldn't even have to make a fancy cover for the burned cds--i have
the real ones at home!  it would be so easy, and so fun, and you'd feel like
you were contributing something positive to this post-9/11 world.  i might
even send you something in return!  a small plastic gnome, for instance.  or
maybe even a Vishnu pencil topper.

hmmmm, nothing else to report, i reckon. go get that book i told you about.

guilelessly,
jennpb