Sinister: E. Wilska and sgazzetti in B'cassim housing SHOCKER!

Emily Wilska wilska at xxx.com
Wed Jul 10 20:01:31 BST 2002

Ah, Sinister.

*BEGGING*
It's true: the eternally wonderful sgazzetti (AKA JDS, or that bloke
teaching English in Slovenia) and yours truly will soon be travelling to
somewhere in the middle of the Spanish Mediterranean coast (let us not
discuss my far-reaching lack of European geographical knowledge) to
attend the FIB, where B&S will entertain the CROWD OF THOUSANDS with
their rock stylings.  (Hi, long and impenetrable sentence.)

Given our advanced ages (28 and something greater than 28,
respectively), and given my slightly high maintenance desire not to have
to queue in order to shower, we were hoping to find accommodations other
than the free massive festival campsite.  Alas, we were a bit--comment
dit-on?--behind the 8-ball, and it now appears that all of el Pais
Valenciana is booked.  ALL OF IT.

This is where you come in: do any of you happen to have an extra hotel
room (or similar--space in a bungalow or chalet would also be smashing)
kicking about?  I know Jordi mentioned one a few weeks back, but I've a
sinking feeling it's loooooong gone by now.  We are simple folk, John
and I, and don't require lots of care.  We can regale you with tales of
travelling across the wilds of southern France, and would gladly ply you
with alcohol, and would cast upon your feet the mantle of our eternal
gratitude.

Any and all leads on this front would be MOST APPRECIATED.  Please give
me a holler off-list (wilska at microsoft.com) if you can help save our
sorry asses from having to burrow into the sand on the beach to bed down
for the evening.

*NOT BEGGING, BUT A REQUEST STILL*
I hasten to add that even if you can only tell us we're S.O.L. as far as
housing goes, if you're going to Benicassim, WE WANT TO HANG OUT WITH
YOU. It's true that we're American, but John is worldly beyond his
years, and I can easily pass as Canadian (complete with correct
pronunciations of 'sorry' and 'pasta'), and we promise to be
sufficiently witty, erudite, and alcoholic.

All interested parties should please be so kind as to email either of us
(me at address above, J at sgazzetti at yahoo.com) and state their
intentions.

*IN OTHER NEWS*
Did anyone else notice that supposedly mild-mannered,
soon-to-be-English-teacher Molly Due had the phrase ANAL LEAKAGE in her
e-mail addy?  That fact coupled with the vibrating bed thing (other
models are know as the Sandman) leads me to doubt her innocence. Not
that she necessarily claimed any, mind.

On the WEblog front, I humbly remind you of my own:
http://divert.blogspot.com

Finally, after you've finished 'Everything Is Illuminated', [stressing
now about placement of that comma outside quotes], you should hasten on
to 'Prague', by Arthur Phillips, which is both brilliant and brilliantly
sarcastic.  You heard it here first (possibly).

I will now celebrate San Francisco's faux summer by attempting to take
my lunch outside.  Soon enough it'll be unabashedly cold yet again.

I remain,
The Un-nicknamed,
Emily