Sinister: that lightning bolt was mine

amy longcore applekins at xxx.com
Fri Jul 12 07:36:41 BST 2002

today at work, i walked by a wooden palette holding some
large industrial equipment. i just happened to notice that
the letters "PLY" were written in bold black permanent
marker at the bottom of said palette.
no doubt referring to plywood.
how boring.
what i decided i should do is get my bold red parmanent marker
out of my pocket and place a symbolic and stately "A" between
the "L" and the "Y".
so, i did it.
this is what i'm promoting right now.
play.
PLAY.
i don't get enough of it. ***

i am going to play next week for sure.
i'm going to be seeing blondie.
this can only mean a major frolicking good time.
spirits will be high.
friends will laugh and dance.
that's always a good thing.

i can't stop listening to "there's too much love"
today. it's sweeping me away.
i sang it to myself at work, trying to daydream
when i didn't have a chance to peek my nose back
into my book.

i thought of how happy i was in detroit,
hearing that song live.
i think it made my heart boom lots, i can't
quite get that feeling back.
would sure like to.

i wish i could be one of those sini posters who's
full of informative information heard from informative
people.

i hadn't written you all in awhile.
isn't it odd, that guilty feeling that comes
over you when you haven't posted to sini
for a month or so?
i can't decide what it is that keeps me from it.
you sign on, post your life's story for awhile,
then fade into the back. i'll go in phases with you,
i think.

i already love our little recipe collectors' club,
and we haven't even had our first sharings yet.
i think i'm going to go get my ideas for submission
together now, so when the magical sini wooden spoon
looks my way, i'll be ready.

i've been on a health kick.
i'm getting smaller and bigger.
muscles are cool.
they feel good and sturdy.
i have a new balance.

i'm getting the royal Ts dvd tomorrow.
it'll be nice to come home to.

hmmm. this is the spot where i SPAM.
but, only 'cuz i've made a decision
to take care of this differently than
i originally had in mind.
here's the deal.
i got a bunch of my records together and decided
to sell them. yeah.
i took pictures of some even, ready to put them
up on ebay.
but i was talking to the sweet nicola the other night
about them, and he was interested in some of them.
so, i'm pretty much just selling them at costish to good
people. i'd like to give, but i'm saving for a new car.
i'd trade for some things, but i can't imagine what right now.
so, if you have a craving for stereolab, petula clark,
dusty springfield, the clash..there's more..
basically, if you are a vinyl freak, let me know,
and i'll get a list together for anyone who might
be interested.

howard shady, you haven't been the only one in hiding.

gosh.
have any of you ever gotten a casual phone call
from your mother in the middle of the night?
i just did.
it interrupted my writing you.
when she calls in the night, i always assume someone's dead,
but i'm easily settled when i hear her giggle
my childhood nickname, "hi snorkybear".
she called her nightowl daughter to inform
her that she bought her lovely shampoos and conditioners.
what a good mum. big ups to mom post. gotta love it.

i haven't had a chance to talk with madeleine mcfeel
in some time. i miss her. i miss you, mad.

a cute boy was supposed to call me, but he hasn't yet.
this does nothing for a girls' confidence.
but, maybe i did nothing for his when i slipped
my arm around his waist during a half-drunken moment,
then pulled it away, exclaiming, "i don't know why
i just did that!?"
i was feeling shy, i come off the wrong way.
i'll just keep hiding, i guess.

ok, that's enough.

love and stuff,
amy

*** for those with a mark c inclined mind,
please know i'm not reffering to SEX when
i say PLAY. thank you, and goodnight.

oh!

p.s.

2 gold stars will go out to the first person
who can tell me where i got my title
for this post. the line struck me as i was
peeking my nose in that book at work today...