Sinister: the odour of hospital food takes a long time to pass you by

Mark Hester mark.hester at xxx.com
Mon Jul 15 12:58:34 BST 2002

As it happened I didn't actually have any.  I escaped just in time.

Sorry Bappsy, can't make it to the Santa Monica Palisades Park...slight problem of being in the wrong continent and all.
 I'm sure it'll be grebt tho.  I wasn't able to make it to the London shehanigans on account of somebody, to paraphrase
"Levi Stubbs' Tears", leaving a hole in my body where no hole should be.  Don't worry, it wasn't some knifeman in a
darkened alley committing a heinous act, but rather a kindly antipodean surgeon, whose only words of advice were that I
should avoid KFC after my appendectomy, something which I think I can manage without too many problems.  It so happened
that they were introducing a scheme in the hospital to give every patient a plasma-screen tv, but unfortunately, they
came online the day after I left, so I had to content myself with a "not in service" sign on a pleasant aquamarine
background.  And now I have a nice scar to show people..mmm..mmm.

One thing I have been trying to do during my convalescence is go onto chat, but whenever I do I find that I'm the only
person there (sob!) so I wonder what the peak time is for such activities.  Another thing is practicing the piano.  It's
been in the house for a couple of months  now and I have never had a piano lesson in my life, so it's not the easiest
thing in the world to accomplish, but I thought I'd better while I've got time on my hands.  It's certainly better than
what I was doing last week, which was playing the ancient computer game Lemmings which my girlfriend recently purchased
on CD-ROM.  There's only so much bridging, tunnelling and pick-axing a boy can take.

Ken reminded us:

They are in order of rudeness starting with the most foul-mouthed. Mick Cook

ah yes, but that's Mick COOK.  Mick COOKE is always most polite.

Mark.

For up-to-the-minute music news, reviews and specials visit
http://www.nme.com

Get free e-mail (anyname at nme.com) now at http://www.nmemail.com

The sender of this e-mail is NOT an employee or associate of NME,
nme.com or any other IPC magazine.