Sinister: Reporting back. from the top of Primrose hill.still.

Paul Arathoon paularathoon at xxx.com
Tue Jul 16 00:54:06 BST 2002

So I appear to have been at the picnic. It was hot. I played football,
scoring 2 before suffering from heavy trousers syndrome in the second half.
There was some badminton.

I forgot everyone's names and didn't really say hello to many of the
(seeming) hundreds who were there. which is why there are probably a lot of
people wondering 'who the fuck were you?'. I was called Paul and I can't
remember what i was wearing.
What impressed me most were the people next to us who had food from Harrod's
Food Hall. That is clearly the way forward in terms of picnicing. And that
inflatable ball which threatened to run amock.

I do remember Mark C though because he Dj'd and said hello to me, and the
ubiquitous Ken and a couple more Pauls and Asm. And Greg who was much
maligned for coming straight from the set of his latest 80's Bratpack movie.
Still, his moves on the football pitch were more reminiscent of 70's Brazil.

I wished I had a pair of portable record players (which I will have soon) so
I could have provided a soundtrack. Given the heat however, the vinyl might
have started to flop so perhaps it is a good thing I didn't.

i then went all the way home and back (not an inconsiderable distance) to
change clothes and shower and stuff before going to Strange fruit. Everyone
who had been at the picnic was (almost literally) glowing. The bands..well
Cherry orchard sounded like a less charismatic, slight stale, Style Council.
I believe I was probably at Oval on the Northern Line when Easter played so
I won't comment. And I danced a bit to some great records.
And then it was hometime.

paul

p.s. next time someone should take the responsibility for bringing at least
three corkscrews.