Sinister: What colour is a hiccup? Burple!

robin stout stoutrobin at xxx.com
Tue Jul 16 16:57:12 BST 2002

Hello!

I'm gazing out the window through my new blue rimmed spectacles. I usually
wear contact lenses, but I've got a bit of conjunctivitis so I'm getting
used to seeing the world through glasses again. I've already acquired the
habit of pushing them up to the bridge of my nose every few minutes because
they keep sliding down. I'm trying to make it look endearing. The one thing
that I can really see better now that I'm wearing glasses is all the other
people who wear them too. I keep wanting to wave at them to say "hey! i'm in
the glasses gang too!", but I reckon they're not as excited about these
things as I am, anymore.

Yesterday I was thinking a lot about thumbs. First of all I noticed how my
thumbs were coming apart at the seams, where my thumbnails start, and I was
thinking how that always happens and thumbs are a bit rubbish. Then, last
night, I went to the new Spar up Crwys Road and was served by a man who had
a very long smelly beard and TWO THUMBS on his left hand. I didn't see his
right one, maybe that one had two thumbs too and he was a bit embarrassed
about it. Then I started thinking that thumbs are pretty marvellous things,
really. Here's all the things they let you do:

Hold pencils
Press space bars
Hitch lifts
Bowl bowling balls
Send text messages
Give a big thumbs up to God for giving you a pair of such special fingers

Marvellous!

Yesterday I was bored. I decided to look on the internet to see all the
other Robin Stouts I could find. While I was looking I came across this
CONCLUSIVE PROOF that I am actually Robin Hood:
http://www.lib.rochester.edu/camelot/rh/rhimages/hpescape.htm

I'm sure you can see the resemblence. I wish I'd had a shave before they
took that picture. I wish I'd remembered to put some trousers on, too. I
wonder if I can claim royalties off Kevin Costner...

Is anyone travelling to the Birmingham picnic from London on Sunday? I'm
going to try to travel there from London on Saturday morning, and I'm sure
I'll be feeling pretty sore from the party I'm going to the night before, so
if anyone's going to be around to kick me out of bed it'll be appreciated.
Well, no, it probably won't be, not if I'm in bed, but it will still be a
GOOD THING.

glad to wear glasses,

Robin xxx