Sinister: nice birthday for a sulk

juju fox stringbeanjean1 at xxx.com
Tue Jul 16 19:51:40 BST 2002

halo sinister.

swirling in there again. not sure what words will
suffice to paint a portrait today. one of a girl much
older than she looks, who's finally succomed to
reality after having discovered that the boy and the
girl are once again the boy and the girl. (another
girl.) bah, i say.

<story>

tho it was one of the lowest days of ever yesterday, a
miracle (a true blue spectacle) happened:

since i needed the $ myself, i opted to fill in for my
regular monday replacement at the piano bar instead of
calling another alternate. monday nights aren't the
gratest. people don't seem to like piano music on
mondays. they'd rather have the music from the tin can
speakers overhead. and feeling too sinister for
standards myself, i decided to put the books away and
play my own favorites. (playing for anyone that's
there...) the bartender knew 1963, and sometimes he
knows other things. but noone ever knows b&s. noone
ever, except the boy and girl that used to come in and
shyly say "thank you for the b&s". i could tell they
were as shy as i, and we never exchanged much in the
likes of communication save our knowing smiles. but i
thought they had disappered. i thought they were never
coming back, after seeing them for the last time on a
night when i had a horrible, horrible singer to
accompany that wouldn't shut up so i could play b&s
and all the lovery things i like to play for people
like us who know what might be better to listen to
over dinner than some horrid squeaky soprano rendition
of what should be the low and dark "what's new?"... or
even worse, a shoddy attempt at "la canzone di
doretta". cripes.

but last night, just as i had exhausted my nightly
repertoire of new wave and brit-pop standards and was
ready to go home, they reappeared. hoorah! of course,
then i was all nervous and shy again, but i stepped
out of my bubble and spoke to them. they were super
nice! and so adorable. i wish they would come every
night. they even tipped me... which i don't think is
right, cos i should be playing them for coming to keep
me company and listen to my piano songs (he laughed
when he recognized songs now and then... "hey! it's
the smiths!" *chuckle* and that made me smile in
there.)

but now i have money (so broke) to renew my driver's
license. it expired today. which means only one thing:
it's my birthday, and i'm officially one year older
than i've ever been in my entire life. and how shall i
celebrate such a glorious achievement? by queuing at
the dmv. bah, i say again.

</story>

so, once again, the day is saved thanks to...
 sinister: uniting our world to make it a better
sounding place to eat, drink, and have picnics. lots
of picnics. which i hope to attend this late july in
l.a. with rachel the fruitloopin' rodeo [drive] queen
and benny "grape ape" apps. i have to take notes on
foreign relations/trade. i have it in mind to trade
one ben apps for one juju fox. one u.k. sinister lad
for one u.s. sinister lass sounds fair, doesn't it?
i've arranged a courtship with sir chu, but if we
can't fool the immigration, i'll go looking for a true
love. wrong kind, right kind, i don't care. anyone to
take my mind off the boy.

sweets and treats to all.

hearts,
 juju