Sinister: Gaudeamus igitur , Iuvenes dum sumus.

Jonathan Skinner staralful at xxx.com
Thu Jul 18 10:43:45 BST 2002

Dear All
I Hope this finds everyone in fine health, May i open my email with a tirade
against banks. I hate them, may i emphasise i H.A.T.E them and it is a bitch
that one has to use them. I went up to bank money and check balance and
apparently they took €25 for yearly admin charge. BAH HUMBUG which shouldn't
happen considering i am student but anyway i hope this finds everyone well.
Summer is great isn't it especially since it got *gasp* into double figures
in the last couple of days. As i look out the sky is blue with some puffy
things in it. Which is nice. I am currently listening to wandering alone on
repeat for some reason. There is something about that song that makes me
think of south america or spain for some reason. I have noticed that they
have gone =very south american jazzy for the album which i ain't complaining
ablout. SO four more albums to come. This suprised me greatly. I had heard
rumours of a split from jeepster and the whole isobel fiasco sort of put
doubts in my mind about the band an whether they would actully continue. but
lucky for us they are. I just hope they play ireland before it is too late.
I read with interest Mr Hendersons ESQ. post. It is incredible how cynics
(like most of this list) can get bowled over by an emotions that are rather
basic. What  always like to read is peoples definition of love. Having never
really experienced it in a romantic sense i don't really know. But i do get
the feeling that it has to be a gut feeling that is reached over a period of
time. I don't know if i have mentioned this before but i have got to go to
three weddings in the next three months. None of the brides and grooms are
over 25. One bride will be a day over 20 when she walks the walk and another
will still have 2 years to complete at college. The bride who will be 20
whom i have known since she were 10 and i were 8 has been in love with 4
people. Each one of them has been * the one* until something better came
along. the poor bugger she is marrying she was in love with within a week.
Is that sustainible love. Unfortunatly i know this girl and know she has
convinced herself because she felt she at 19 was on the shelf and if she
didn't grab a man quick that would be it. Seeing those sort of relationships
makes me want to slap each individual couple witha wt fish for some amount
of time till they see some sense.
So Dublin- i was up there this weekend and i think i love it even more than
i did before. I only spent a couple of evenings of the weekend in the city
in some of the pubs but i spent some time in Malahide up north of dublin and
bray which is south of dublin which are both conviently located on the DART
line Both seaside resorts living in faded glory of what they once were,
Still nice towns , nice pubs and nice women.
The witness festival held in dublin seemed quite good even though i couldn't
make it.one of my friends phoned up during the dandy warhols to let me hear
them and they sounded ok- i don't think they as a band suit festivals.
right i suppose i should really go and enjoy the days of my young manhood
plague and pestilence and love to all

jonathan